Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What is the AR15 of 223 bolt guns?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPooba View Post
    Looking for the "AR15" of .223cal bolt guns. So obviously, the key traits would be reliability, ergonomics, availability of parts, accuracy, etc.

Thanks
    When someone wants a basic bolt action .223 that won't break the bank but is a solid, accurate rifle, I tell them to look at the Remington 700 SPS. Affordable, accurate, lots of aftermarket, great support from the manufacturer. I also see a lot of long range shooters cut their teeth on them. Cheap ammo, low recoil, and a good "training wheels" rifle to get the basics down before they spring money on a more expensive rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by juliomorris View Post
    Mossberg has a great idea with their MVP, the design isn't bad but Remington or Howa or even Savage needs to steal their design or at least the idea and run with it. It allows you to use AR mags and it is a smaller action because it designed around the 556.
    I've been wishing Remington would adapt their Model Seven .223 to accept AR mags. That would be a little daisy of a rifle.

Feedback Score
    Rem 700 would be my recommendation.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I probably going to pick up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .223 soon.

Any issues with shooting 5.56mm NATO in it? Also, any experience with extended magazine floorplates or detachable magazine mods? Or are those best left off due to reliability issues?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If I had to say, i'd say the Remington 700 with the Savage a close second. I love my 700. It is the only bolt action i've owned (had three of them).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gem1950 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GrandPooba View Post
    I probably going to pick up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical in .223 soon.

Any issues with shooting 5.56mm NATO in it? Also, any experience with extended magazine floorplates or detachable magazine mods? Or are those best left off due to reliability issues?
    No issues yet that I have experienced.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

What is the AR15 of 223 bolt guns?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jake'sDad View Post
    If the Patrol rifle weighed a lb and a half less, that would be interesting.
    I would take a pound less and a 1/7 twist or a 1/8 twist. Would be a neat little rifle then in my opinion. Wonder if there is plans on doing a .308 like that? Would give Ruger a run for their money.

Feedback Score

308 mossberg mvp

It is already out in 308 but you cant find one in 308 or 556 anywhere. I have been wanting one of the 556 mvp patrols and cant find one and dealers dont know when they will be available.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123