Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: To MOE or not to MOE

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Question To MOE or not to MOE

This is my question. Subject : 6920

Looking to replace my handguard. I have read the other thread, with basicly the same question.

Im not looking for a ladder rail and Im leaning tword the MOE.

My question is ... What am I missing here? What is available out there?

The Magpul MOE @ $30.00

or

DD Omega @ $260.00

This is quite a price gap, no? What am I missing

Thankyou

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    My question would be, what do you want the hand guards to do? What is your goal? Why do you want to change them out? Answer these questions and now you can look specifically at models that fill those purposes.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post

The Magpul MOE @ $30.00

Plastic, non free floating minimal rail space, short less hand space, less money

or

DD Omega @ $260.00

12 in of free rail space top ,left, right or bottom, free float, allows for extended hand placement, more durable more space more freedom more money
    Both serve their intended purpose, get what you need and want. when building a possible life saving tool price should take a back seat to quality if you think you want a rail buy it now because selling shit you bought to buy better shit never workouts for you.
    Remember buy one cry once
    Last edited by Guns-up.50; 02-01-13 at 14:02.
    "Courage is being scared to death ,but saddling up anyways" John wayne

NO BETTER FRIEND NO WORSE ENEMY

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    With a DD rail you can run it over with a truck and throw it out of a helicopter and it will protect the gas tube. I have both the DD Ris ii and a MOE carbine hand guard and I like both for what they are. The only reason I picked up a MOE though was to mount a light. Other than that its not much different than a stock hand guard .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Why?

Why do you need a rail. Plan to hang a laser or light off of it?

6920's are very light, handy and reliable. Unless you need to tacicol it out, I would leave it as is.

Personaly I think the MOE looks like cheap shit like most of magpul's gear.

If you want a decent rail for good money, look into a KAC RAS. They wont require any modification and are around $150 bucks if you look. Same rail thats on most m4carbines in the .mil.

When it comes to rifles, lighter is better, all things being equal.

Feedback Score

Blasphemy

I am very satisfied with MOE furniture, and prefer it to standard GI handguard and stock. IMHO, everyone who tries to justify a freefloat on a carbine is either over-estimating their shooting ability or has too much money to waste. If you are able to change your POI due to forces on the handguards at carbine shooting distances, you need to seriously re-evaluate your form and support of the rifle. I fully expect to feel the heat after this post Good luck with your furniture choice. MOE all the way.
    Last edited by FeltaDorce; 02-01-13 at 14:40.
    "We must surrender our attachments to government in every aspect of life. This goes for the right and the left. We need to give up our dependencies on the state, materially and spiritually. We should not look to the state to provide for us financially or psychologically.... Let us understand that it is far better to live in an imperfect world than it is to live in a despotic world ruled by people who lord over us through force and intimidation. - Dr. Ron Paul

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Shorts View Post
    My question would be, what do you want the hand guards to do? What is your goal? Why do you want to change them out? Answer these questions and now you can look specifically at models that fill those purposes.
    Thankyou for you reply
    Maybe a light, maybe. I do like the QD socket idea & would use it.

Id like to change them out because they just feel 'fat'. Not to mention it reminds me of one of my first rifle style BB guns, kinda cheap-ish.

Usage.. Steel, local range and I own my land and am willing to drop any coyote I see. No hunting

I have a 15-22 for the opossum, we had an entire family this year.
    I mow with a 22A1 with 5.5 HB for the rock-chucks (little chip-n-dale looking ground rat/mole/thing)

J

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=TurretGunner;1530908]

Unless you need to tacicol it out, I would leave it as is.

[QUOTE]

I believe your looking for 'Tacticool

I have a 22 if I want to add a disco ball

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yellow50 View Post
    With a DD rail you can run it over with a truck and throw it out of a helicopter and it will protect the gas tube.

With any, and I mean ANY luck. I will not be doing these things. I hope

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by FeltaDorce View Post
    I am very satisfied with MOE furniture, and prefer it to standard GI handguard and stock. IMHO, everyone who tries to justify a freefloat on a carbine is either over-estimating their shooting ability or has too much money to waste. If you are able to change your POI due to forces on the handguards at carbine shooting distances, you need to seriously re-evaluate your form and support of the rifle. I fully expect to feel the heat after this post Good luck with your furniture choice. MOE all the way.

Thankyou for the honest answer. Im thinking MOE also.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast