Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: To MOE or not to MOE

Feedback Score
    Get what serves you best and shoot

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    If you're worried about weight and cost, I don't know of any hand guard that can beat the MOE. Having shot a monolithic colt and moe colt side by side, I can see why some people prefer a lightweight m4. Goodluck
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)

Re: To MOE or not to MOE

The MOE's are tough, economical, and functional. Unless you require a free float for accuracy or mounting a dbal/peq unit, the MOE works just as well.
    I use an MOE on my duty carbine.

I bet i can outshoot most of the people with free float handguards.

If you're gonna blow $200, get a damn Geissele SSA. That will add more function to the gun and have a bigger effect on accuracy under 100 yards.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BufordTJustice; 02-01-13 at 20:15.
    "That thing looks about as enjoyable as a bowl of exploding dicks." - Magic_Salad0892

"The body cannot go where the mind has not already been."

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I recently sold two DD EZ CAR rails that were on a DD and BCM. Both were replaced by carbine length MOE handguards. I like the way they feel, and how I can get a solid grip on them, especially, on my DD, where I have a Surefire X300 mounted on the left side of the handguard. When I can afford to I'll get one for the BCM. I don't plan to mount anything else on them.

In the end I evaluated what I need the gun to be able to do, and how the gun fit my hands. In the end the MOE handguards work better for me, but remember YMMV. Good luck.

Best,

Dave

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FeltaDorce View Post
    IMHO, everyone who tries to justify a freefloat on a carbine is either over-estimating their shooting ability or has too much money to waste.
    I guess those crazy kids like Kyle DeFoor, Kyle Lamb, LAV, Jeff Gonzalez, et al. are just ignorant. Using support with FF rail vs. non-FF? DBAL or PEQ?

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I really like my Moe on my mid length but depending on how you control the gun with your support hand it may be too short especially when trying to manipulate a weapon mounted flashlight. The Moe is a great handguard for the money but it may not be ideal for how you shoot.
    "The only defense against violent evil people are good people who are more skilled at violence" - Rory Miller

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I guess those crazy kids like Kyle DeFoor, Kyle Lamb, LAV, Jeff Gonzalez, et al. are just ignorant. Using support with FF rail vs. non-FF? DBAL or PEQ?
    He never used the word "ignorant". Stir the pot on another thread.
    I have owned a pair on Nike shoes, yet M.Jordan has always been better.

Personaly I tend to agree with the statment. IMO, if your a good shot, your a good shot with the firearm your handed. Sure you get better with trigger time but I believe its an art that you understand or you dont.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ColtSeavers View Post
    Forget MOE handguards, outside of aesthetics they offer nothing (edit: over a regular handguard IMO).

I suggest (and went with) the VLTOR CASV free float no mod rail customizable handguard.

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?userSearchQuery=casv

http://www.vltor.com/casv-sub.htm
    Not what I want or what Im looking for but I like the looks of it.
    What do you do with you gas block? The pictures look as if the front is of the pop-up type.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im leaning hard tword the MOE. On top of that I am thinking I just read a post saying that you can buy the MOE with a pre-installed QD. This is a plus.

So from what I gather there is no other option in the same price range. Correct?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    http://www.impactweaponscomponents.c...ls/handguards/

Personally i dont see how this is really a huge decision. One is 30$ and the other is hundreds of dollars more. If you are really hung up, buy the MOE and if you dont like it, save up for the DD. Then sell off the MOE on the EE.
    Last edited by yellow50; 02-01-13 at 22:41.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast