Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: To MOE or not to MOE

Feedback Score
    Keep the hand guards you have. Spend the money on ammo (when you can find it)
    Every citizen should be a soldier. This was the case with the Greeks and Romans and must be that of every free state. - T. Jefferson

EVERYCITIZENASOLDIER.org

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Turk182 View Post
    Not what I want or what Im looking for but I like the looks of it.
    What do you do with you gas block? The pictures look as if the front is of the pop-up type.
    I have their CASV-S on my 16" midlength with 'F' marked front sight post with absolutely no modification as per their instructions.

Visual example since my pictures will never be as good of quality.

Depending on the model and particular picture you look at, you can see options for using their (or a) flip up front sight either on the casv or on the gas block, as I suspect that is what you are referencing.
    Last edited by ColtSeavers; 02-01-13 at 22:48.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For me the moe handguards on the 6920 are too short. Other than that they are awesome. If I could get on of those uppers with a rifle length moe handguard on a carbine length system it would be perfect

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

I have had many rails. I prefer long rails if I'm going to use one. For carbine gas with a fixed front sight, I prefer the moe. The QD socket and light attachment from IWC are cheap and work for my uses.
    "The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself." - Sun Tzu

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    For a little sbr like that, moe works awesome

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    For my needs, the mid length MOE handguard with IWC light mount is perfect.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    I have a 6.8mm rifle with rails and wish I didn't. I think my next project after I finish my current rifle is to convert to a FSB and MOE.

I have 2 5.56mm rifles with MOE midlengths and love them.

I came to the conclusion after building and using the 6.8mm, that I as a civilian have no need for all those rails and really no need for free float.

I don't have 50 pieces of gear that need to hang off my rifle, lights and slings are about it, so I end up with a whole lot of wasted rail space. On top of that, I'm not taking long range shots and even if I was, I'm not a good enough shot for FF to make a darn bit of difference.

IMO I wasted a lot of money on that rail that could have been better spent on ammo....

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    I guess those crazy kids like Kyle DeFoor, Kyle Lamb, LAV, Jeff Gonzalez, et al. are just ignorant. Using support with FF rail vs. non-FF? DBAL or PEQ?
    You are talking about guys who have the training and skills to wring out that accuracy. Most are also paid to promote products and/or given a ton of top of the line shit to use.

The majority of the military runs non FF rails on their carbines..... Can't belive they can actually kill something with a non-ff rail..... I read on ARFCOM that's impossible.

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Vote for MOE

Take MOE and leave Larry and Curly at home. For the money get one used and sell it later if you feel the need to do the FF rail thing.

Feedback Score
    I got both.

It's my first AR, so what did I know? The MOE that came with it felt ok, was light, and looks ok to me. But it couldn't sprout nearly as much stuff as a rail.

I got a rail for way less than $200 on a trip to Cabelas. I haven't put anything on it but a front sight and a handle, but am going to get a light on it soon-ish. I know now that I really don't need most of what can go on a rail.

I'm doing a build of my second AR as soon as all the parts arrive. I'll be able to test them side by side to see what I like best. It has little to do with need at this point, since it's only for range use. The .45 does primary home defense duties.
    NRA Life Member

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast