Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 16" Midlength Handguard/Rail Option help

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochman View Post
    Hey guys I'm in a similar boat as the OP and I was hoping you could give me some advice.

I'd really like to get the Centurion Arms cutout in midlength but it seems to be sold out everywhere I look.

If I get the C4 12" instead as recommended by Jbecker, how simple is cutting off the fsb? Can I just cut the top off the fsb with a dremel and slide it over, or is it more complicated than that.
    While I don't have the C4 rail, all the ones I've cut, I had to also cut of the bayo lug and sometimes even shape them down really low depending on the rail.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbo723 View Post
    While I don't have the C4 rail, all the ones I've cut, I had to also cut of the bayo lug and sometimes even shape them down really low depending on the rail.
    Ok, but the bottom ring part of the FSB stays connected to the barrel right? You just pretty much clean everything around it to leave a ring of sort?

On another note, does anyone know a place I can find the C4 Midlength Cutout rail? All the places I have looked are sold out.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kochman View Post
    Ok, but the bottom ring part of the FSB stays connected to the barrel right? You just pretty much clean everything around it to leave a ring of sort?

On another note, does anyone know a place I can find the C4 Midlength Cutout rail? All the places I have looked are sold out.
    Yep pretty much to your first question. Here is a pic I googled that is a good shave down job.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...5s/SPR/003.jpg

As to your second question. I haven't seen any floating out there right now. I got mine from BCM, but I see they are out of stock so you might want to put yourself down to be notified. Send Monty an email over at Centurion Arms to see when he plans to get more out there. He is also on this forum and goes by grinch on these forums. I honestly don't know if he can help you but he would be your best bet in finding one. I have a midlength cut out and I absolutely love it. Good luck.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGut View Post
    Yep pretty much to your first question. Here is a pic I googled that is a good shave down job.

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y27...5s/SPR/003.jpg

As to your second question. I haven't seen any floating out there right now. I got mine from BCM, but I see they are out of stock so you might want to put yourself down to be notified. Send Monty an email over at Centurion Arms to see when he plans to get more out there. He is also on this forum and goes by grinch on these forums. I honestly don't know if he can help you but he would be your best bet in finding one. I have a midlength cut out and I absolutely love it. Good luck.
    Thanks a lot!

Feedback Score
    I found this post via the search function. I've been researching the C4 FSP Rail System by Centurion for my stag t2 upper. I want to get my hand out further as well as I'm 6'3". Does the hole line up with the FSP on the stag?

If nobody has the stag can someone with the rail tell me what the dimension to the opening on the rail is? front and rear of the hole so I can measure?

Thanks in advance.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)

Re: 16" Midlength Handguard/Rail Option help

Provided your rifle has the standard front sight post like what comes on the majority of rifles, it will fit just fine.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How about a Samson ?

http://www.samson-mfg.com/ar-15_html...R-MEX-EBR.html I think a Samson STAR-MEX-EBR (AR-15 Mid-Length Rail w/ front sight cutout) is what you are looking for if you do not want to cut off the front sight.
    And it is in stock but pricey.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by Colt guy; 02-19-13 at 08:16. Reason: added link

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    looks like Troy is advertising the BattleRail Delta Midlength...

http://troyind.com/%20/rail-systemsa...lta-mid-length

Feedback Score
    thanks everyone. all good options.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks to the Search Function, I don't have to start another thread.

Been thinking of doing the same with replacing my Magpul MOE handguard with "something" and I guess Centurion wins this round.

I have a BCM midlength from G&R with the A2 FPS. I'm itching to move to a QD connection, replacing my MS2 sling with a GreyGhostGear 2-point sling I got on sale, and I'm not fan of MOE QD attachments.

Plus, I saw this C4 video review on YT.

Just trying to figure out what specific Dremel tool/ wheel/ accessory I will need to remove the front swivel and delta ring.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast