Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 4 vs Smith & Wesson M&P15?

Feedback Score

Bushmaster Carbon 15 Model 4 vs Smith & Wesson M&P15?

Hello,

Brand new here, and in the market for my first AR. Have read pretty much all the latest posts here and on AR15.com, but one topic I haven't seen discussed yet is Bushmaster's new Carbon 15 line, and how it rates compared to standard aluminum rifles and if it actually lives up to the marketing hype.

Right now, my choices are between the BM and S&W (leaning towards the S&W because my history with them has been that S&W has tight quality control standards).

Can anyone comment on the Carbon 15 rifles, and compare / contrast them with S&W rifle, and which one you think is a better buy for the $$$? Thank you in advance, L.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't personally comment on the Bushmaster, but I do have a S&W15T and it is a very nice carbine for the money, especially since S&W is doing their $100 mail in rebate on the 15 rifles through April, I believe.

To compare the different AR models I suggest you look through this thread:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=6642

Many people will tell you that there are much better options out there than the Bushmaster, but I think that depends on what you will be using the gun for. If you could elaborate about the carbine's intended use and what your budget is then the people here will be able to help you find exactly what you need. Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!

ETA: Here is a thread about one guy's experience with the BM Carbon 15:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...hmaster+carbon

Feedback Score
    The Carbon is a very bad choice no matter what the other option is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pass on the Carbon 15. Yes, even for a rec gun.

You'd be better off with virtually any other bottomfeeder, with the possible exception of Hesse/Vulcan.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    The rifle is mainly for home defense and weekend target shooting. My primary SD weapon is a M&P 340, and I have a Mossberg loaded up in 00 buckshot for home security, but I would like to get my hands on an AR - especially before the political climate changes and the AWB is reinstituted.

I'm trying to stay below $1,000. If I had money to burn, the Colt would be my first choice. A lot of guys I work with in LE have Bushmasters and they all seem happy with them. My local FFL has a NIB BM for $850, but I wouldn't mind spending a couple of dollars more for a gun with better quality control standards (if I understand most of the arguments on this site correctly).

I'm not a super gun buff, and don't know enough to pick and choose my own upper and lowers and put them together - I would like to learn from my first AR though, and that's why I'm looking for something reliable out of the box, plus I know it's there and going to work when I need it to.

I asked about the Carbon 15 'cause that's all that seems to be on BM's web site but don't know anyone who personally owns one.

Thanks for the reply, L.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have met a person at the range that had a carbon bushy and they did not hate it but did not like it either and wished that he had not spent the money on it. It did not feel as good as his other bushmaster. He also stated that it failed to feed more often than his other standard bush.
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    RED ALERT! RED ALERT!

Do not buy a carbon 15! I repeat, do not buy a carbon 15!

Feedback Score

Carbon 15

They are famous for not running.

Feedback Score
    You have options. If it boils down to strictly the C-15 and the M&P 15, then I'd buy that M&P to match your 340 - they're great rifles. I'm building mine from a lower we're having done at www.anvilarms.com Jon is a great, no nonsense guy with a wealth of knowledge. It may be an option for you to look into, but if you're about instant gratification and want a great rifle for the dough, go M&P....Good luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lygia View Post
    The rifle is mainly for home defense and weekend target shooting. My primary SD weapon is a M&P 340, and I have a Mossberg loaded up in 00 buckshot for home security, but I would like to get my hands on an AR - especially before the political climate changes and the AWB is reinstituted.

I'm trying to stay below $1,000. If I had money to burn, the Colt would be my first choice. A lot of guys I work with in LE have Bushmasters and they all seem happy with them. My local FFL has a NIB BM for $850, but I wouldn't mind spending a couple of dollars more for a gun with better quality control standards (if I understand most of the arguments on this site correctly).

I'm not a super gun buff, and don't know enough to pick and choose my own upper and lowers and put them together - I would like to learn from my first AR though, and that's why I'm looking for something reliable out of the box, plus I know it's there and going to work when I need it to.

I asked about the Carbon 15 'cause that's all that seems to be on BM's web site but don't know anyone who personally owns one.

Thanks for the reply, L.
    If you are going to be using it primarily for home defense and want to spend less than a grand I would talk to Grant at G&R Tactical about an ADS. Read about them here:

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...ghlight=market

Grant is the thread starter and a site sponsor. He will take care of you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast