Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Got Brass?

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)

Got Brass?

I'm pretty sure the ones in the drums require your own method of storage, ie they keep the drums. You usually need a roll off or something for those lots.

Also, some of the lots have the weight of the containers/skids/drums added in with the weight so watch out for that too.

Prices seem to be going pretty high on the .223 auctions lately.

ETA - There are usually around 73-74 primed .223 cases in a lb for anyone looking for piece counts on those lots.
    Last edited by MrSmitty; 02-06-13 at 11:15.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I'm curious as to what they close at also. Opening at $150 is a steal. I got $1/pound for the last load I took to the recycler.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Got Brass?

Quote Originally Posted by MrSmitty View Post
    I'm pretty sure the ones in the drums require your own method of storage, ie they keep the drums. You usually need a roll off or something for those lots.

Also, some of the lots have the weight of the containers/skids/drums added in with the weight so watch out for that too.

Prices seem to be going pretty high on the .223 auctions lately.

ETA - There are usually around 73-74 primed .223 cases in a lb for anyone looking for piece counts on those lots.
    Yeah, I was pretty much being sarcastic... You know 15k lbs in drums being a lot easier to transport & store vs 16k lbs in.... ahh, nevermind.

Sent from my HTC One V using Tapatalk 2
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    I'm curious as to what they close at also. Opening at $150 is a steal. I got $1/pound for the last load I took to the recycler.
    When was this?

That's a horrible price if it's been any time in the last year.

$2.50-$3.00 is about where it has been.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    I use 95gr as an average case weight, so 73.68 or 74pcs per pound. 13.6lbs per K.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    That's what I've heard. I wonder if its worth less locally for some reason. It was only a few months ago so I'll have to call some other places and see what they offer.

Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    $2.50-$3.00 is about where it has been.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    Yeah, I was pretty much being sarcastic... You know 15k lbs in drums being a lot easier to transport & store vs 16k lbs in.... ahh, nevermind.

Sorry, missed the sarcasm...

The last lot that I watched was 2511lbs and it went for over $9k, well over scrap rate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Re: Got Brass?

Sorry, missed the sarcasm...

The last lot that I watched was 2511lbs and it went for over $9k, well over scrap rate.
    No problem.

How much over scrap price do you guys think this stuff if worth, realistically? I'm assuming it would also vary by caliber too.

Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Stop dicking the dog, please. It's gross.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    For me, I can't find once fired .223 brass for under $100 per k, online or local. I loaded up everything I had and now I seem to be SOL. I'd imagine the price will go back to normal here in a few months or so.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I bought 1k once fired LC from Wideners for about $85 shipped around October. It was advertised as 90% LC and NO saw brass. I don't think I would pay more than $100 shipped for the same thing. Conservatively, that's $0.085/piece. Scrap value is about $0.043/piece if you get top dollar. It would be neat to watch some of these auctions because even if you end up paying a few thousand for the lot you could flip it and make bank on the scrap value alone. Unfortunately, I don't have that kind of capital

Quote Originally Posted by Ryno12 View Post
    How much over scrap price do you guys think this stuff if worth, realistically? I'm assuming it would also vary by caliber too.
    Last edited by Eric D.; 02-06-13 at 13:34.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast