Thread: Single Stage vs. 2 Stage--Why?

Feedback Score

Single Stage vs. 2 Stage--Why?

I did a search and saw the excellent post by septic-tank13. Very informative. I also searched 1 vs. 2 and did not see my question addressed.

What are the different uses for 1 vs. 2 stage triggers? Single in Combat? 2 Stage for Comp? Why do you choose 1 over the other? Just a personal preference or is their recommended uses for each?

Sorry I got so many questions, you can thank the guys over at Sf for turning me onto this site. Or blame the guy who used to be socomcen. For real world knowledgeable correct answers I come here. Not some other place.. Thanks

Feedback Score
    I use single stage for SD, and 2 stage for long range competition and varmint shooting.

My reasoning...

Single stage has less parts moving, and a little more simple. I also like my single stage around 4-5# because i can control that weight. Some might prefer more weight. Everything I own is close to 4-5#'s.

Double stage is typically used by myself when I have a long time to break the shot, and the accuracy required is more intrensic than practical.

These are just my opinions and i know others may vary.

Feedback Score
    Get out your shot timer and fire three rounds as fast as possible with each system. Rate of fire is one of the differences between the two.