Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Best Muzzle Brake?

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    I figure I will just skip one massage session to make up the money.
    I am placing an gentleman's bet that your comp(s) arrive(s) today

Feedback Score
    Yes. They just arrived. I will do the machine work tonight and test them tomorrow. They look nice.
    Last edited by rsilvers; 03-12-08 at 12:13.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yes. They just arrived. I will do the machine work tonight and test them tomorrow. They look nice.
    Awesome. I eagerly await the results!

ETA: Will you attatch them with the peel washer or use a crush washer from your own supply? Just curious as I am going to have mine put on with a crush washer to avoid extra cost. I will not use a can, so I saw no need for the peel to be used.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scattergun View Post
    I don't how well it works, but it looks nice

Who the hell makes this thing? I like it
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    The FSC556 from PWS works as far as having the lowest flash I have seen in a BATF approved muzzle brake so my hypothesis was wrong. Cutting off the prongs made a significant difference. Sometimes (on certain barrel lengths and with certain ammo) a very significant difference. I have no reliable way to test for recoil reduction so I do not know how well it works as a muzzle brake. I will post photos once I get them into the computer and will sound test it later.
    Last edited by rsilvers; 03-13-08 at 01:49.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The FSC556 from PWS works as far as having the lowest flash I have seen in a BATF approved muzzle brake so my hypothesis was wrong. Cutting off the prongs made a significant difference. Sometimes (on certain barrel lengths and with certain ammo) a very significant difference. I have no reliable way to test for recoil reduction so I do not know how well it works as a muzzle brake. I will post photos once I get them into the computer and will sound test it later.

As usual, I am interested in the results.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Impressive, I am glad I bought it. +1 on being man enough to say you were wrong. Good to see that not everyone on the internet is just out to be right.

I know this is not very scientific, but as far as recoil reduction, how did it "feel"?

Does "later" mean tomorrow, on the sound test?

Feedback Score
    Thank God I never went into engineering... Looks like my conjecture was wrong, wrong, wrong.... Awesome test and thanks for doing it. I'm sticking with my Troy Medieval and have heard similar things about flash reduction - will be interesting to see for myself. Looks like you made a good choice WS6!

Abraxes: That brake Has Tromix written all over it...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Cutting off the prongs made a significant difference. Sometimes (on certain barrel lengths and with certain ammo) a very significant difference.
    glad to know my eyes weren't playing tricks on me when comparing the DNTC and FSC556
    in my previous post, i guessed that the prongs do have an effect on the flash from the remaining gases that continue out the front of the brake. how much effect depends on the percentage of gas exiting the front vs. the side brake ports. there might be more going out the front than i thought. i'm sure there's a way to model the gas flow through the brake...

anyways, robert, i'm looking forward to the pics/report, and any thoughts as to how it works (or doesn't). i know you're not going to measure recoil, but i'd like to hear your impressions on how well it works as a brake for perceived muzzle jump/movement reduction when you shoot it on semi and full. no numbers - just a subjective impression.

Feedback Score
    I really don't understand wanting a muzzle brake for an AR. The *only* reason I ever considered an AR muzzle brake was during the ban when you could not have flash suppressors. There is still a ban in several states. Since I have not compared this device to the many other muzzle brakes (just one, which I will also post photos of), all I can say is that it works as advertised related to not exacerbating flash and if anything they are being conservative in their claims.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast