Thread: High velocity pellet guns

Feedback Score

High velocity pellet guns

This may be sacrilege on an AR site but I would recommend a high velocity pellet gun for survival scenarios. I have a 5 acre farm and picked up a Remington .177 cal gun a few years ago to clip the occasional ground hog close the house and highway. It does the job superbly and I can shoot through the average size whistle pig. Ammo is cheap and abundant. It is an excellent weapon for filling the pot with furry edibles. Serviceable guns are 100 - 150$. It will not replace a ..22. But I would not want to be without a .177 in a long term survival scenario.

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I have a pile of air rifles. I recommend a Weirauch HW95 if you could only have one. Made in Germany.

http://www.airgunsofarizona.com/Weihrauch.htm

JSB pellets are tops.

I have match air rifles, several European precharged pneumatics, Benjamin and Sheridan customized pump guns and a bunch of springers. They are a blast to shoot.

Keeps the yen and yang in harmony. Full auto one day, Airguns the next.

Have fun
    RFA
    Last edited by Ready.Fire.Aim; 02-05-13 at 20:48.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We had a prior thread on the subject and depending on were you lived and would be shooting different recommendations were made as to caliber and model.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 02-05-13 at 20:46.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score

Pellet guns

New to the forums. Just thought I'd put my .02 in ...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Around where I live pigeons and squirrels abound, a pellet gun would be really useful in gathering those if a guy was hungry.