Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Precision AR Build almost complete...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Not all probably but at the very least, your rear set screw will line up. With that in mind, i'd probably get a better block. Ive never used the linked DPMS block or any of their steel ones for that matter but their QC gives me the creeps. That plus the fact that if it were mine, i'd pin the final block too.
    Yeah, not a fan of DPMS either but they had the parts I thought I needed at the time and in my ignorance, didn't know the difference between a steel and aluminum block. Have any good alternatives made of steel that will fit a .936 barrel and fit under a Seekins SP3R????

Feedback Score
    Both PRI and Troy make .936 steel gasblocks. Just checked and they're out of stock on Midway but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Col_Crocs View Post
    Both PRI and Troy make .936 steel gasblocks. Just checked and they're out of stock on Midway but I'm sure you can get them elsewhere.
    Thanks.. will look into it..

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    You can run the aluminum gas block until you get a steel replacement as it will take awhile to erode to the point of needing replacement. Since it's a rifle length gas system, gas erosion won't be nearly as bad as it would if it were a middy or carbine
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    yeah, since you have so much into it already and it's ready to shoot, I'd just shoot it. who knows it might be lights out as is. a long time ago I learned not to keep digging when I get the hole deep enough...
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    Nice looking setup!

What are your plans for it?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Shao, I agree with several others, very nice precision bench rifle..keep it as is and go enjoy it!

I just picked up my stripped Aero Lower today that I bought the same day you got yours...I guess you could say I'm taking my time..
    'Evil Minds That Plot Destruction'

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very nice rifle, make sure you post up a range report once you get it zeroed in!

As for parts, hey, if it works, why mess with it? Do you have any plans to mount anything besides bipods to the forearm?
    Good equipment is no substitute for good training.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234