Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Colt Lawman MK III Value?

Feedback Score

Colt Lawman MK III Value?

Hello everyone,

A coworker of mine has a very nice Colt Lawman MK III in .357 that he wants to sell. It looks like it is brand new. No holster wear, the wood grips don't have any mars on them, it doesn't even look like it's been fired. It looks like it went straight from the factory into a gun safe.

He wants to try and get $500 for it. Is this a good price? I don't know much about Colt revolvers but I'm a sucker for wheel guns.

Thanks in advance to all who reply...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score

Colt lawman

Hey Big A, if that's a 2" Lawman, buy it! That is a great price. If it comes with box & docs, even better.

Feedback Score
    If that is something you want I wouldnt let it too far out of your sights.

Around here that is very good price for a clean one. I havent seen one in over a year...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'd pay that for a 2 inch Lawman in that good condiition.They are rarely seen around these parts,and strong serviceable guns.
    A fine is a tax for doing wrong.A tax is a fine for doing well.

Central Florida, Middle Georgia and the South Carolina low country.
    Feedback Score
    Coming in late but in todays world that price seems fair for the condition. When I was packing revolvers for police work the Colt Lawman MkIII and Trooper MkIII were popular options for the Colt lovers who could not afford a Python. I carried a Trooper MkIII for awhile myself.

Feedback Score
    I am a sucker for the snubbie Lawman as well as the little Python. I paid $580 for mine some years ago with original wood stocks (I added the Stags) so yes it seems like a fair price for the one you are looking at. I paid three times that two years ago for the 1967 Python but it was in 98% condition and after all it is a Python.

MadDogb

ETA: I sometimes like to CCW both in a "New York Reload" holster on my strong side. That way I have a strong side draw and a cross draw (great in vehicles).

Last edited by MadDog; 02-20-13 at 13:58.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post

Sweet pistols MadDog - Look like Executioner's grips to me??
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Ranger325: The Stags were made by Patrick Grashorn when he still lived in Greeley, CO. Does he go by the name executioner? I know he does a lot of Cowboy Action shooting. I believe he picked up and moved to WY.

MadDog

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MadDog View Post
    Ranger325: The Stags were made by Patrick Grashorn when he still lived in Greeley, CO. Does he go by the name executioner? I know he does a lot of Cowboy Action shooting. I believe he picked up and moved to WY.

MadDog
    Yep, that's the man. He does great work. Had not heard about his move, but it's been a while since I was in contact. I have his stuff on a 1911 and a SW M66. ( love that lil' Python!! )
    Regards,
    Ranger325

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf"
    George Orwell

Feedback Score
    Cool snubs Maddog

The model I'm looking at has a 4in barrel. Looks like your typical old "service revolver"...
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast