Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Noveseke NSR 16.7 on 16" barrel

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Ok, I thought you got one from Ranier. I'll stand by my opinion that it sounds like an awful idea. Before dropping more money on a poorly planned build, you should try a linear comp to see if you like it. From what I have seen, they don't seem very useful compared to more contemporary comp designs. OR, you could put the rail on your 24" barrel.
    True, but I already have 3 practical rifles, one not so practical, and I wouldn't mind having one just for looks... It could look cool... I know linear comps aren't the greatest, but I couldn't think of any other way to keep muzzle blast from destroying the NSR or any lights/accessories I mount up front. Besides, I need more upper work experience. I think I'm gonna fight you on this one and buy one when it becomes available, slap it on the 16", probably hate it, and then swap it over to the 24" where I really need it.
    Last edited by Shao; 02-11-13 at 08:01.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    One thing to remember is .5 inch of the barrel length is threaded and your muzzle device goes over it. So that puts about 1.25 inch inside your tube. It is probably to much to overcome with most muzzle devices. My 15" Troy covers all but about .25" on my 16" noveske barrel.

Matt

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)

Re: Noveseke NSR 16.7 on 16" barrel

Quote Originally Posted by glockshooter View Post
    One thing to remember is .5 inch of the barrel length is threaded and your muzzle device goes over it. So that puts about 1.25 inch inside your tube. It is probably to much to overcome with most muzzle devices. My 15" Troy covers all but about .25" on my 16" noveske barrel.

Matt
    Good point. Add that to that the fact that a 16" barrel only extends about 15.5" beyond the face of the upper receiver and you've got even more rail length to overcome. The link I posted above shows an 18" barrel with a 16.7 NSR. The rail extends almost to the threads on the 18" barrel.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

HERA comp

Well the HERA linear comp is listed at 3" for the small so I imagine the regular size would be the same - that should give me enough clearance... you think?

https://lanworldinc.com/index.php?pa...art&Itemid=141

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    While that doesn't sound like the best idea to me, War Sport has something similar. I think it's called the LVOA? But why would you build a whole rifle for looks? I'm more concerned about looks than many people on this board and even I don't get it. Go out and shoot the ones you do have.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    While that doesn't sound like the best idea to me, War Sport has something similar. I think it's called the LVOA? But why would you build a whole rifle for looks? I'm more concerned about looks than many people on this board and even I don't get it. Go out and shoot the ones you do have.
    It wouldn't look quite the same though - their rails are 1.5 - 1.7" longer than their barrels and they're using shorter muzzle devices...
    I figure the HERA would extend past the muzzle by at least an inch... Just sayin' - I haven't put together or bought anything for looks yet and I'd just like to have something different...

Besides, my chances of finding a NSR 16.7 right now are about slim to none... I may as well wait for the Geissele SMR Mk4.
    Last edited by Shao; 02-11-13 at 13:03.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12