Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Country or City, Carry or Stash?

Feedback Score
    really sorry about your brother. That's just terrible. I hope the sonofabitch got a stiff sentence (not that is any kind of justice for taking your brother).

I figure that the likely hood of me having to draw my pistol is so unlikely but if I never have to I won't get to choose when and where and so, if I'm capable, I carry. I live in a relatively big city (around 3 million in a 25 mile radius)
    Dr. Layne Norton

PhD Nutritional Sciences

www.biolayne.com

Handgun enthusiast

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I live in a city, pop 60k.

I carry everywhere i go. If I dont have a firearm on me, I feel naked.

I carry at home, or its at arms length (and i damn sure dont answer the door without a pistol).

I moved to get away from people (i lived in a county with 1.8million people, my current state pop is less than half that).

Personal protection is just that, your personal responsibility. If you call 911, its going to take LE 3minutes minimum to get there.....
    Last edited by J-Dub; 02-12-13 at 23:18.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I live in the highest crime area of my town due to sheer number of calls dispatch gets,mostly larceny.

We're in a small apartment till I get a LE job and we can buy a house.

My wife has my pistol w her in bed right now and I've got my AR behind me. I carry everywhere I can, even into the gym.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I live in the country...resort/vacation area of central Minnesota, closest town is about 500 people. I've had a handgun permit for 30 years. I rarely carry, don't keep a bedside gun (I keep them locked up).
    Last edited by Hmac; 02-12-13 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    OP, I am sorry to hear about your brother.

I live in a nicer suburb of a large city (the city being where I am LE), though the city has swallowed up the entire municipality where I reside.

I almost always carry inside the house. I do have other firearms stashed in small, quick access safes, but these are primarily for my wife when I am not home.

While I would consider the area we live very safe, there is no place that is immune from violent crime. I work in a very rough, inner city area, and it does not take me long to commute to and from work. While the relative safety of my area was definitely a selling point, the quality of the schools was also a big deciding factor as well.

There are some trendy, newly popular areas to live that my wife has mentioned, but I refuse, as they are a bit too close to "Indian country" for my comfort.

Feedback Score
    Live in a small town (40k). Have worthless dogs. One is always asleep, the other is stone deaf. Crime has found it's way to my nice-ish neighborhood more than once. My "carry gun of the day" is always on me or on a central counter top when I'm home. A.357 lives on top of the fridge. A G19 lives in the top of my wife's closet. A Rem870 is locked to the rear floor of my truck. Everything else stays in the safe since Obama/Feinstein have now made them worth about $10,000,000.
    -RagweedZulu
    "Always remember those who've died. Never forget those who killed them."

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I live in the country, and choose to carry my gun on me at all times rather than leaving them stashed(2 kids ages 6 and 3 roaming freely throughout the house).

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I'm very sorry to hear about your brother.

I currently live in a city because I'm at a university here in Nebraska, but I used to live out in the country in western Nebraska. I carry when I can here, but campus is off limits as is my work. When I'm home my G19 is always on me or in reaching distance and my Benelli Nova tactical is next to my bed at night, along with a streamlight polytac HP.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Live in the burbs, close to work and ammenities. Wish we lived a bit further out but it is what it is. Gun safe upstairs in our room. Quick safe on my nightstand and on my wifes. Stashed stuff on the main floor where we spend most of our time (away from curious kids reaches). Motion lights, a dog that barks at his own farts, and vigilant neighbors certainly don't hurt. Better to be safe than sorry.

Sorry to hear about your brother.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    I live in the city (Houston) but also have ranch property out in the country. Plan on retiring out there when I turn 60.

Have guns stashed in both houses....sort of hidden but in plain sight. Easy to get at in a hurry and in places in the house where I might get "caught" and not near my usual carry guns.

The guns stashed are a mix. A S&W Model 10 38, police trade G22, Winny 1200 shotgun, old ratty looking SIG P220 and a Marlin Model 60.

-brickboy240

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast