Thread: US Army Small Arms Championship

Feedback Score

US Army Small Arms Championship

Has anyone on here participated in the "US Army Small Arms Championship?" I've read the information provided on US Army Marksmanship Unit website, just looking for someone who's actually done it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Yep. Tons of fun, lots to learn.

Feedback Score

US Army Small Arms Championship

Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Yep. Tons of fun, lots to learn.
    I'm trying to get a team going for next year, but I have to get all the logistics together and submit it to the LTC. Can you offer any guidance on the registration process?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Go to the USAMU website and you'll find some good references. E-mail Mr. Mike Behnke, Chief of Competitions, and he'll send info as well.

MSG Bud Huston trained up a bunch of kids to go to the 2007 All-Army from TRADOC/Fort Monroe. He got support from TRADOC, Accessions Command, and the Garrison to train a post team consisting of folks from all Monroe units and SOCJFCOM.

He trained positions and dry-firing in the mornings (some training days in lieu of traditional PT) and after duty hours. We did live-fire at the Dam Neck ranges in Virginia Beach. We had a first-year competitor (a TRADOC drummer) win the Audie Murphy Match, and a young Fort Monroe MP was the high scoring Active Army E1-E4, winning an M9 Beretta pistol.

Military competitions for the rest of 2013 include the Navy Matches (both east and west coast); the Armed Forces Skill-at-Arms Matches (run concurrently with the National Guard Championships); Marine Corps Division Matches; the Interservice Championships; and Camp Perry.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sinister View Post
    Go to the USAMU website and you'll find some good references. E-mail Mr. Mike Behnke, Chief of Competitions, and he'll send info as well.
    Thanks, I actually emailed the "Chief of Competitions" earlier today, waiting for a reply.

I have to give a break down of what the competition entails, as in what we'll need to practice as a team to be successful. Can you give me an idea of what the events are like?

I'm basing the training schedule on the videos I've seen on YouTube: http://youtu.be/2u0PZOQEMQk