Thread: Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

So I recently received my German HK45c, I like it alot, like the full-size HK45 better, but it's still very nice. However The damn grip is the most slippery thing to my hand. I have no idea why, my sights line up perfectly when aiming but i just cannot for the life of me build confidence in drawing it under pressure, or manipulating it as is and get a "secure" grip. It's just too damn slick. I have toyed with hogue/pachymayr grips, but those are a no go for ccw in my mind. Last stop is grip tape but that seems a tad tacky for me. Not hounding it, just haven't tried it. And to make matters worse, I felt a Glock 30sf today, and liked it much better than the older 30 and it felt very "secure", moreso than my HK45c. Now i hear the Gen 4 Glock 30 and the new 30s are out and even slimmer, with finger grooves for my tiny girl fingers. I love the HK45c, it looks cool, points naturally, has a uber cool-ness about it, and like the idea of a hammer for AIWB. However the control of it is lacking even during dry fire....What should i do?
    Last edited by azeriosu85; 02-18-13 at 22:46.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Stipple?

Feedback Score
    A good stipple job is a relatively inexpensive fix.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    A good stipple job is a relatively inexpensive fix.
    i have never felt a professionally stippled handgun before personally, i've seen em but never manipulated one. Only one i have felt was a garage job that felt like it would but my tendons after 5 rounds hahaha

Feedback Score
    The HK45 series is regarded as a top notch 45.

When guys like Larry Vickers talk very highly of something, I pay attention.

I would urge you to get a stipple job on the 45c before you move to another weapon.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by warpedcamshaft View Post
    The HK45 series is regarded as a top notch 45.

When guys like Larry Vickers talk very highly of something, I pay attention.

I would urge you to get a stipple job on the 45c before you move to another weapon.
    i agree, and am not going to be impulsive on this, i just lack full confidence on a secure grip. would be willing to try stippling, but hard to know what you want done PERMANENTLY without ever feeling the finished product you know? i might pick up some grip tape tomorrow, just not sure the best setup/template for it

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Help! Fantasizing about selling my HK45c for a Glock 30s....oh my

Find some 3M skateboard tape and cut yourself a grip panel.