Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Help! Need Grip Options for HK45c!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    any pics of a HK45c with skate tape or 3M tape on it? i would like to see some examples if you know of any, my google-fu came up weak on it

Source: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...templates.html

Source: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handgu...rip-hk45c.html

Honestly, how it looks is entirely up to you. I don't give a **** about how it looks on my gun (P30LS), so I just use rough shapes and rock on. If you want it to look all OEM and stuff, it can be done, it'll just take a whole lot more time to get it looking the way you want it, relatively speaking.
    Last edited by Defaultmp3; 02-18-13 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    Bar-Sto Precision machine will also do grip stippling and grip reduction work. Among other things. Like making super accurate match grade barrels, and building some pretty nice pistols.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by azeriosu85 View Post
    Also interfan can you install that on your HK45c and take some pics and post it here? i believe they would be the only pics online of that setup and would be VERY helpful
    If I was home, I could. That isn't happening for a few weeks, though.
    Last edited by interfan; 02-18-13 at 01:42.

Feedback Score
    If Brooks have A-Grip pre-cut for HK45C I would definitely give it a go. I used it in the past and it really helps. Big plus it that, unlike grip tape or aggressive stripling it does not create painful problems for CCW. Especially when carrying IWB/AIWB during summer.

ETA: Looks like Brooks still has one shape for all HKs - USP. I managed to fit USP one for P30, so probably it can be done with HK45C as well, with some trimming (USP grip is longer).
    Last edited by montrala; 02-18-13 at 07:35.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    As much as I love the 45C there are two things about it I hate.

#1 is the one step too short rail to utilize and X 300 series light.

#2 The ridiculously smooth frame. Even under normal range conditions it's lacking in traction. Let alone in a situation where you've got blood, water, or sweat on your hands.

I was at least able to solve problem #2. I've yet to figure a solid solution to problem #1.
    I had the same problems, my solution was to sell the HK, and buy a M&P .45 compact. I can texture the backstrap (which is larger than that of the HK) to provide a grippier control surface, and the light rail will handle a X300. I also have more sight options, and the same capacity. Magazines are cheaper, as are most all other parts.

My M&P has been just as reliable (for me) as the HK, that is to say 100%. I know the HK is a great pistol, I just did not feel like accepting the limitations I felt with the design. If they make one with the grip texture of the USP, and a full size rail, I will likely carry nothing else.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    now taking a HARD look at the USPc 45's. I have held a USPc .40 and the frame is perfect for me, is the uspc .45acp the same frame wise?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Any interest in trading for a full size HK45? I have one that has maybe 500 rounds down range. I would like an HK45c as the full size is to big for me to carry.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Any interest in trading for a full size HK45? I have one that has maybe 500 rounds down range. I would like an HK45c as the full size is to big for me to carry.
    I've decided im not going to give up on the HK45c until i've exhausted all options, thank you for the offer though

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    As much as I love the 45C there are two things about it I hate.

#1 is the one step too short rail to utilize and X 300 series light.

#2 The ridiculously smooth frame. Even under normal range conditions it's lacking in traction. Let alone in a situation where you've got blood, water, or sweat on your hands.

I was at least able to solve problem #2. I've yet to figure a solid solution to problem #1.

For #1, there are four small pins holding the rounded spacer on the back of the X300. If you drive them inwards, you can remove the block and gain a lot of space. It might be enough.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What exactly is non bias advice? I and several others I've seen here post regularly on both forums and others..... If you give up on the 45c you'll have no issues selling it. I wouldn't take a soldering iron to an HK45, but it is your pistol. Did you shoot it before buying?
    Last edited by HKGuns; 02-18-13 at 18:51.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast