Thread: Savage 12 VLP DBM

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Savage 12 VLP DBM

One of our local Gun Shops has a Savage 12 VLP DBM in .223 Remington. Outside of looking at the box, we were stumped on what barrel twist this rifle has.

Does anyone know where, if any, on the rifle that I can check what the actual barrel twist is? TIA.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If they still have the box the rifle came in, it'll have the item number on it.

18465 is 1:9
    18464 is 1:7

I've got a nice 1:7 VLP DBM for sale. 40 rounds down the tube, just don't get to shoot much.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThreeFingerPete View Post
    If they still have the box the rifle came in, it'll have the item number on it.

18465 is 1:9
    18464 is 1:7

I've got a nice 1:7 VLP DBM for sale. 40 rounds down the tube, just don't get to shoot much.
    So there's nowhere on the rifle itself that can tell you which model you have for sure? That's freaking stupid.

Can you PM me a picture and your asking price? Where are you located?
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It says you've chosen not to accept private messages.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sorry about that. PM sent.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CarlosDJackal View Post
    One of our local Gun Shops has a Savage 12 VLP DBM in .223 Remington. Outside of looking at the box, we were stumped on what barrel twist this rifle has.

Does anyone know where, if any, on the rifle that I can check what the actual barrel twist is? TIA.
    Stick a patch on a cleaning rod and mark the cleaning rod with 2 pencil marks.
    The first mark goes near the handle for rotation and the second one goes near the receiver for depth.
    Pushthe rod into the barrel till it makes one full rotation.
    Make another pencil mark on the cleaning rod near the receiver.
    Remove the cleaning rod and measure the distance between marks.
    It takes a total of 3 minutes to tell the twist rate.
    Last edited by Thump_rrr; 02-23-13 at 09:26.