Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is Noveske handguard exportable?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by montrala View Post
    +1

Sandy@Brownells is very helpful for international customers. My friend even got AR15 complete upper from them, with minimal hassle. Noveske is on list of registered manufacturers, so license is obtainable. As to LaRue mounts, scope mounts and optics are not restricted by ITAR (except "military scopes") but there is separate restriction list (based on terrorist, criminal and other threats this country has), that says what can be exported by the country. In my case there is no restrictions on optics and accessories.

If Brownells do not have on their website, what one need, then one can fire them e-mail asking if they can get it for you.

Brownells is also some times restricted by manufacturers that contractually ban exporting their products.
    So glad I joined m4carbine, this website is full of experts.
    I just called Brownells, and had a little chat.

1. Larue Tactical is not on Brownell's list of registered manufacturer, so under ITAR rule or not, unfortunately they can't ship the mount.
    2. On the other hand, as like you said, Noveske is registered and is exportable, but for some reason they can't make special orders and can only ship Noveske products that are in their current stock.

I guess this is the dead end. Such a bummer but hey, atleast I figured some new stuffs I didn't knew.

Feedback Score
    Click on the 'notify me when in stock' or 'backorder' button, and make the phone call again when they get it in stock.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post
    1. Larue Tactical is not on Brownell's list of registered manufacturer, so under ITAR rule or not, unfortunately they can't ship the mount.
    Brownells sells and exports ADM mounts, this is very good stuff. I prefer them over LaRue anyway.

As to special orders, I know that Brownells is ear deep in trying to fulfill normal orders. No wonder they do not have time and resources to do special order now.
    Last edited by montrala; 02-22-13 at 14:41.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Even a roll pin would be unexportable. **** ITAR.
    You say that until your company wants to make money with international customers... and the ITAR folks find you in violation and at best fine your company lots of $$$... at worst they throw your ass in jail...

Not to mention, it serves a purpose of not letting any tom, dick or achmed from buy some of our quality gear...

Quote Originally Posted by Thump_rrr View Post
    The price for getting caught is a world of hurt.
    Indeed.
    Last edited by RHINOWSO; 02-22-13 at 15:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    So all of this trouble for just getting a single hand guard and a optic mount? I guess I don't understand since I have to deal with it but if your allowed to own it whats the problem with getting someone to ship it to you? Like friends or family in the states to ship it to you? I'm sure that's there is a reason you don't do that but what would make that illegal.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    So all of this trouble for just getting a single hand guard and a optic mount? I guess I don't understand since I have to deal with it but if your allowed to own it whats the problem with getting someone to ship it to you? Like friends or family in the states to ship it to you? I'm sure that's there is a reason you don't do that but what would make that illegal.
    Actually this is a good question.
    Since,
    Larue mount is not under ITAR, why not just buy from friends or ebay?
    Has anyone ever tried this?

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Instead of getting someone else in trouble, why don't you email the DDTC and ask them if it is allowed?

Quote Originally Posted by rainzoro View Post
    Actually this is a good question.
    Since,
    Larue mount is not under ITAR, why not just buy from friends or ebay?
    Has anyone ever tried this?

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12