Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Stage with rifle to pistol transition

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    I have had more guns pointed at me at matches while RO'ing than at work.
    Pat
    +1. I have been flagged more at matches than anywhere else I have ever been. I would error on the side of caution when it comes to setting up a stage at a match.
    Last edited by T2C; 03-05-13 at 19:45.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    abondon, pistol. dump barrels for long guns
    C Co. 509th ABN/PFDR
    83-85

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    You could simply start with the rifle then transition to the pistol. That way you don't have to worry about reholstering at all. I no longer have shooters reholstering on the clock. We have never had a issue with hot holstering but another club did. The shooter that shot himself fail to remove his finger from the triggerguard while holstering. As much as I believe in big boys rules I simply could not take the chance so we did away with hot holstering. What we do now is to either clear the pistol before holstering, deck it, or finish with it. I use stage design to get my desired results. It takes more planning but it great reduces the idiot factor.

Matt

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by currahee View Post
    I would make sure the pistol was empty at the re-holster, or have them put it in a box, on a table etc. People who haven't practiced this in slow motion are dangerous- ad a timer and stress it's even worse.
    Agreed. And some ranges and sanctioned disciplines prohibit reholstering a loaded pistol while the timer is running.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123