Thread: New Job

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

New Job

I've been very unhappy at my job for quite a while now, but after several interviews and a few mediocre offers, I finally hit my home run this morning. Big raise, big signing bonus, relocation, great benefits and bonus structure, even get credit for my experience towards my next increment of vacation. I knew it was a good company but the offer really blew me away. This will also put us smack dab in the part of the state we want to be in.

I'm stoked Mostly I'm just thankful, the Lord just keeps blessing us and I've certainly done nothing to deserve it. It's really quite humbling.
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    What kind of job? What state you moving to? Congrats on the job.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Feedback Score
    Congrats--I believe in karma--I must have been Vlad The Impaler in a previous life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I've been very unhappy at my job for quite a while now, but after several interviews and a few mediocre offers, I finally hit my home run this morning. Big raise, big signing bonus, relocation, great benefits and bonus structure, even get credit for my experience towards my next increment of vacation. I knew it was a good company but the offer really blew me away. This will also put us smack dab in the part of the state we want to be in.

I'm stoked Mostly I'm just thankful, the Lord just keeps blessing us and I've certainly done nothing to deserve it. It's really quite humbling.
    I didn't know such a part existed.

Congratulations on the new job! Don't sell yourself short - my girlfriend always accuses me of being "lucky". No such thing. Good things happen to good people who work hard - you probably deserved this job. Congrats again!
    --Nick
    Owner, Reptilia & Side Project, LLC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bushmasterar15 View Post
    What kind of job? What state you moving to? Congrats on the job.
    Project engineer with a local, OK-focused energy company. I'll be in OKC now, which is great because it's central to all our friends and family. I've been in a manufacturing plant in a more rural part of OK for the last few years, and without telling the long story it has gotten to the point it makes me want to suck start my G17 (exaggeration of course). This is a huge step

Quote Originally Posted by NickB View Post
    I didn't know such a part existed.

Congratulations on the new job! Don't sell yourself short - my girlfriend always accuses me of being "lucky". No such thing. Good things happen to good people who work hard - you probably deserved this job. Congrats again!
    Like I told people in WI when i was up there for training...OK isn't so bad if you're from here At least we're relatively hippie-free for now.

Thanks and you're probably right -- obviously I did something right, for them to put a big signing bonus on the table. I didn't even know that was going to be a possibility. But now let's just say I can probably afford to get an ACR/Masada. Or 8
    --Josh H.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Congratulations, It nice to be blessed. I was blessed when I found a wonderful God fearing girl a little over a year ago (currently engaged).

As for work... waiting for my blessing there. Just have to be patient for now.

But don't worry I'm sure you'll find something to fustrate you once your there long enough. Of course that easier to deal with when you are paying you enough to deal with it.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Congratulations!!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." –Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    congrats, and i feel your pain. i work for a electric utility. wife really dosent want to relocate, however i am going to buff my resume. although considering staying with company until i get a business management degree at the least.
    "Unfortunately 87.26% of the quotes and statistics on the internet are lies." - Abraham Lincoln
    Stupid should hurt
    I carry a gun cuz cops are too heavy!

Feedback Score
    Congrats. Also wanted to say thanks for the up lifting message. I found out a month ago there was going to be a work force reductions and my position was being reduced. I have been hitting the pavement hard networking. I agree hard work always pays off, it has nothing to do with luck....