Thread: Burwell gunsmithing

Feedback Score

Burwell gunsmithing

Who has actually had work done by Burwell. I am looking for turn around time and how well they worked with you. I want to get a trigger job done to my M&P 40 but its my duty gun so I really cant be with out it for to long.

-DM-

Feedback Score
    No info on Burwell, but check over at NES - I believe there may be someone local to you that does good M&P work. I'm sending mine to Burwell, (when it comes), but if you need it quickly, it may be an option...

Feedback Score
    I my M&P .45 but we are not authorized to use them for duty yet so....

-DM-

Feedback Score
    Hello.

I sent mine to Dan durring the Holidays for a trigger job. The turn around was about ten days which is longer than usual, but he was quite busy and as I said......it was the holidays.
    He does a great job. Really. I asked for a 4.5 lb crisp trigger with little take-up and a short reset...and that is what I got to the letter. I believe he does lighter/heavier weights as well, I simply don't like anything lighter then that.

Bar none, the best trigger on any of the tupperware I have handled, and I have handled most of them.

FAL

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    If you explain to Dan that it is a duty gun I am sure he will make every effort to turn it around quickly. He does great work and after over 6500 rds my gun hasn't choked the first time.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Dan dose a great job. He has done at least six pistols for me. The turnaround time is usually not much more than a week. I have shipped him pistols on Monday and have had them back in my hands on Friday. Contact him either by phone or e-mail and let him know your needs. You will be very happy in the end. Not only a great smith but one hell of a nice guy!

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Dan has an incredible reputation and there are literally dozens of pictures and reports about his work over on mp-pistol.com. My M&P9 will eventually find its way to him for some trigger work.

I don't think his turn around times are bad to begin with but it wouldn't hurt to let him know that it's a duty weapon.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I could not be happier with the trigger job he did to my M&P45 duty pistol. I had him adjust the pull weight to 5.0lbs, and the reset is very positive now compared to non-existent before Dan got ahold of it. His turn around times are the best in the business.

Burwell's rear single tritium dot night sight (Identical to Heinie's "Straight-Eight" configuration) is my favorite rear sight option as well.

Feedback Score

+1 for Dan (quality & speed)

Here is a link to a recent thread with some pics: https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=12523

Dan's turn-around on my trigger jobs was ~1 week, flawless and the closest thing to a 1911 trigger I have ever seen on a plastigun (Glocks, XD, HK). 3.5-4lbs & crisp....all for $70, one hell of a deal IMHO.

The other services take a little longer, but he is certainly no BOWIE or Ted Yost...all in mine took 6 weeks, ~4 of which was metal finishing (NP3).

Try calling him ahead of time and make sure you have some time considerations, he's a great guy to deal with.

Mike

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dick Manley View Post
    Who has actually had work done by Burwell. I am looking for turn around time and how well they worked with you. I want to get a trigger job done to my M&P 40 but its my duty gun so I really cant be with out it for to long.
    Dan does excellent work.

I had him do my M&P in 9mm. If memory serves it was back in my hands one week after I shipped it off.

My advice would be to communicate with him ahead of time and see what his workload is like so you can time the work according to both of your needs. Generally with gunsmithing work clear communication ahead of time is what helps get the result you are looking for. If you are just looking for trigger work it should be a fairly simple thing to arrange. If you are looking for a full-house custom gun with a new finish it will take a bit longer.

If you let him know it is a duty gun he might be able to put you to the head of the line and get it to you PDQ.