Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

I was on another gun forum and could not believe the number of people who CC a pistol with an empty chamber. I have personally never met someone who thought this was a good idea. Is this stupidity more common than I think ?
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Pretty common in my experience with folks who are don't really shoot or train much yet feel they are perfectly capable of carrying a pistol for self defense on a daily basis. They do this because they lack confidence in their handling of the firearms and their misbelief that they will be able to control the situation in the sense of having plenty of time to chamber a round when needed. You think them carrying chamber empty is bad, you should see most of those types of folks shoot

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo95 View Post
    Pretty common in my experience with folks who are don't really shoot or train much yet feel they are perfectly capable of carrying a pistol for self defense on a daily basis. They do this because they lack confidence in their handling of the firearms and their misbelief that they will be able to control the situation in the sense of having plenty of time to chamber a round when needed. You think them carrying chamber empty is bad, you should see most of those types of folks shoot
    I bet! Yep same rational that I was getting from them. It just has me at a loss for words. All carrying Glocks by the way. They all have no need for additional training.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Force on force usually cures this, but you'll rarely get them to the session.

For those that practice that type of carry and promote its virtues, it's probably better that way.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Woah! I thought you meant a pistol with no ammo in the chamber and none in the mag as well. As if just waving the thing would settle a situation. Much like a rack-rack of an SG will make inturders turn to stone if they hear that in the middle of the night.

The only time a cc pistol chamber should be empty is when practicing with it; between slide cycles, when changing mags, and when cleaning the gun.
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Plenty of folks on "dedicated" CCW forums. Typically those who think racking a pump shotgun will clear out BGs too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score

Re: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Force on force usually cures this, but you'll rarely get them to the session.

For those that practice that type of carry and promote its virtues, it's probably better that way.
    Pulling your head out of your ass will cure this too.

Hang on Mr. Bad Guy while a chamber a round so I can shoot you....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Yes. And you will chew off your own tongue in the process of pointing out the folly

Worse, showing these halfwits 4 different CCTV-caught vids of what happened when folks who 1) didn't have a round in the chamber and 2) got into a violent encounter, did NOTHING to open their minds to considerations beyond their odd concepts of day-to-day "safety."

Forget "able" to chamber a round....them simply remembering that they don't have a round chambered is a bigger hurdle.....

3 these victims on tape pulled their gun and tried to fire, and made "O" faces when their guns went click-instead-of-bang immediately prior to being burned down, which does a pretty good job of poking the "oh, I'll remember to chamber a round/advance the cylinder if that happens..." assertions right in the patootie (at least to my mind).

One cat actually remembered to rack the slide, but got burned down in the process because it took [cliche] the rest of his life [/cliche] to do it; he was still presenting the gun as he took a 2nd hit.

No joy. That's not them, no siree-bob! Every empty-chamber proponent is faster than any bad guy EVARrrrr after their 12hrs of training if that...or more aware though they have to be reminded to put their ear pro on, EVERY time...or they're never going to put themselves in that situation and besides 99.999% of the time that's not gonna happen.....the fact that the .001%, while small, is caustic enough to make up for not being bigger than it is, is completely lost to them.

It's one of the many mind-numbing things about conducting instruction: the effort it takes to push the idea that one can do everything the fastest, bestest, smoothest, most tactical-ist way possible, perfectly.....and still get killed...

Given that, deliberately choosing to put yourself on the back side of the power-curve when Murphy and the Fickle Finger of Fate that F**s Everybody might put one there unintentionally, anyway...?

Talking to these folks past a certain point, one gets reminded that sometimes The Abyss stares back at YOU...
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score

Re: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    I bet! Yep same rational that I was getting from them. It just has me at a loss for words. All carrying Glocks by the way. They all have no need for additional training.
    I'm stalking you. Now, speaking of training...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sammage View Post
    Plenty of folks on "dedicated" CCW forums. Typically those who think racking a pump shotgun will clear out BGs too.
    True, but yet people will tell you that dedicated CCW forums are a good source for info.

C4
    Last edited by C4IGrant; 03-04-13 at 10:01.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast