Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    Yes. And you will chew off your own tongue in the process of pointing out the folly

Worse, showing these halfwits 4 different CCTV-caught vids of what happened when folks who 1) didn't have a round in the chamber and 2) got into a violent encounter, did NOTHING to open their minds to considerations beyond their odd concepts of day-to-day "safety."

Forget "able" to chamber a round....them simply remembering that they don't have a round chambered is a bigger hurdle.....

3 these victims on tape pulled their gun and tried to fire, and made "O" faces when their guns went click-instead-of-bang immediately prior to being burned down, which does a pretty good job of poking the "oh, I'll remember to chamber a round/advance the cylinder if that happens..." assertions right in the patootie (at least to my mind).

One cat actually remembered to rack the slide, but got burned down in the process because it took [cliche] the rest of his life [/cliche] to do it; he was still presenting the gun as he took a 2nd hit.

No joy. That's not them, no siree-bob! Every empty-chamber proponent is faster than any bad guy EVARrrrr after their 12hrs of training if that...or more aware though they have to be reminded to put their ear pro on, EVERY time...or they're never going to put themselves in that situation and besides 99.999% of the time that's not gonna happen.....the fact that the .001%, while small, is caustic enough to make up for not being bigger than it is, is completely lost to them.

It's one of the many mind-numbing things about conducting instruction: the effort it takes to push the idea that one can do everything the fastest, bestest, smoothest, most tactical-ist way possible, perfectly.....and still get killed...
    Given that, deliberately choosing to put yourself on the back side of the power-curve when Murphy and the Fickle Finger of Fate that F**s Everybody might put one there unintentionally, anyway...?

Talking to these folks past a certain point, one gets reminded that sometimes The Abyss stares back at YOU...
    LOL EPIC post!

I think the bolded portion is a good reminder/lesson even to those of us who DO train alot...and carry with a loaded chamber...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by tnedator View Post
    I'm stalking you. Now, speaking of training...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    At least we are in a better neighborhood now!
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    True, but yet people will tell you that dedicated CCW forums are a good source for info.

C4
    Or dedicated Glock forums.
    "No you do not have to think; it is an act of moral choice. But someone had to think to keep you alive; if you choose to default, you default on existance and you pass the deficit to some moral man, expecting him to sacrifice his good for the sake of letting you survive by your evil." - John Galt

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Yes. And you will chew off your own tongue in the process of pointing out the folly

Worse, showing these halfwits 4 different CCTV-caught vids of what happened when folks who 1) didn't have a round in the chamber and 2) got into a violent encounter, did NOTHING to open their minds to considerations beyond their odd concepts of day-to-day "safety."

Forget "able" to chamber a round....them simply remembering that they don't have a round chambered is a bigger hurdle.....

3 these victims on tape pulled their gun and tried to fire, and made "O" faces when their guns went click-instead-of-bang immediately prior to being burned down, which does a pretty good job of poking the "oh, I'll remember to chamber a round/advance the cylinder if that happens..." assertions right in the patootie (at least to my mind).

One cat actually remembered to rack the slide, but got burned down in the process because it took [cliche] the rest of his life [/cliche] to do it; he was still presenting the gun as he took a 2nd hit.

No joy. That's not them, no siree-bob! Every empty-chamber proponent is faster than any bad guy EVARrrrr after their 12hrs of training if that...or more aware though they have to be reminded to put their ear pro on, EVERY time...or they're never going to put themselves in that situation and besides 99.999% of the time that's not gonna happen.....the fact that the .001%, while small, is caustic enough to make up for not being bigger than it is, is completely lost to them.

It's one of the many mind-numbing things about conducting instruction: the effort it takes to push the idea that one can do everything the fastest, bestest, smoothest, most tactical-ist way possible, perfectly.....and still get killed...

Given that, deliberately choosing to put yourself on the back side of the power-curve when Murphy and the Fickle Finger of Fate that F**s Everybody might put one there unintentionally, anyway...?

Talking to these folks past a certain point, one gets reminded that sometimes The Abyss stares back at YOU...
    Great post.

Feedback Score

Re: Do you know someone who carries a pistol with an empty chamber?

And don't forget that 7 round limit means the bad guy can shoot fewer rounds before, oh wait a minute, that's you....

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Epic post Santoro! I might print this and give it out at our annual HR218 qualification.

I had one of our retired officers approach me a while back. Be bought himself a Springfield EMP, but, after 30 years of carrying revolvers, S&W DAOs, and finally Glocks, he didn't feel safe carrying with one in the pipe. I pointed out that he could 1) use the safety or 2)next time buy a gun that he would have felt safe carrying. I also demonstrated (dry) how from a close quarters standpoint, his idea sucked. He got the point, but there are a lot of others out there.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    Do not know anyone personally but I do run into people on forums who say they don't carry with one in the chamber, some will if it has a manual safety to use, and others won't at all. Also meet people who won't carry a gun that cannot be cocked and locked.

In general I agree with the thought process that those who refuse to carry with a loaded chamber are often best left to their own devices. Probably don't have the safest handling, probably conceal carry once a month (maybe they did it twice in the ten years they had a license or even just put it on and walked around the house and satisfied them self as being skilled), and that type of deal which I run into a lot.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    True, but yet people will tell you that dedicated CCW forums are a good source for info.
    On one forum, there's a poll about this topic. Ten percent don't...failing to plan is planning to fail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Vickers View Post
    It is a cheap Airsoft quality Eotech half ass knockoff- I just had a student with one in a basic class about a month ago and it laid down faster than a cheap hooker

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    At least we are in a better neighborhood now!
    Some of the positions and comments in that thread just boggle my mind.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Can you provide a link to these particular videos?

Besides being behind on the draw, they are -1 round with an already limited or low capacity weapon.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast