Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AR Availability

Feedback Score

AR Availability

Any body have any clues as to when we can start seeing ARs back on the market? What's preventing some of the major manufacturers from getting their products out?
    "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
    — Tench Coxe, 1788.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by john_w View Post
    Any body have any clues as to when we can start seeing ARs back on the market? What's preventing some of the major manufacturers from getting their products out?
    they are releasing products... and just as fast as they can build them, people are just scooping them up before they can stay in stock.

with the impending AWB, this will not change until the gubment realizes laws don't apply to criminals.

Feedback Score
    Another 2 or 3 years?

After the 94 ban there was a lot of panic buying, like what is going on today.

By the time 1997, 1998 and 1999 rolled around, the market was pretty much back to normal.

The rough part is before any new laws are passed. After the laws are passed and people get to see what is going to be happening, things settle down. As long as Dianne Feinstein is talking, then the market will be stripped.
    Last edited by ~kev~; 03-04-13 at 11:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Things are already getting better. Quality bolt carrier groups and lower parts kits are the most limiting components right now, from what I see.

More items are coming in stock online, for longer periods of times, at lower prices, every week.

The last rifle component to get back to "normal" will probably be quality bolt carrier groups, IMO.

And ammunition will take longer than everything else.

Feedback Score
    Reassuring stuff. I'm in Northwest FL and it seems things are taking a while with the local stores. According to store personnel the distributors are taking awhile to get things out.. really don't know why that would be.

It seems like it's taking a long time for the online retailers as well. Could be for the same reasons.. it's a lot easier to see how they would go out of stock quickly though.
    Last edited by john_w; 03-04-13 at 12:01.
    "Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man against his own bosom? Congress shall have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birth-right of an American ... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state governments, but where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the People."
    — Tench Coxe, 1788.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    Things are already getting better. Quality bolt carrier groups and lower parts kits are the most limiting components right now, from what I see.

More items are coming in stock online, for longer periods of times, at lower prices, every week.
    Sandy hook also happened at a bad time of year.

Towards the end of december people are using their vacation time, christmas and new years. As we progress further into a year I look for parts to continue to hit the market.

However, I look for things to slow down in June and July as workers take vacation time when their kids are out of school for the summer.

Feedback Score
    Which really messes with my plans. I really hoping to get some things in my possession before I go to basic training this summer so I know I have them. I don't think a ban will come out at all at this point in time however it would just be my luck that one would come out while I was in basic training and I'd be SOL.
    Last edited by john_w; 03-04-13 at 12:22.
    — Tench Coxe, 1788.

Feedback Score

Whats slowing things down is backorders, getting stores shevles filled again etc. I dont think people realize how many guns, and parts have been sold in the last 4 months alone.

And there are plenty of ars on the market now. Ive seen a bunch of colts etc for sale at certain online vendors.you just have to be willing to spend some extra dough right now.
    From TOS ... "buy the shit out of that thing, all the mil spec is just nonsense."

Feedback Score
    Ya, not really willing to spend that much right now. I remembered hearing some stuff about banks trying to keep money away from gun manufacturers and the slowdown from that. I was wondering how much of the slow down was could be attributed to the manufacturing side as opposed to catching up on orders and what not.
    — Tench Coxe, 1788.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ya, not really willing to spend that much right now. I remembered hearing some stuff about banks trying to keep money away from gun manufacturers and the slowdown from that. I was wondering how much of the slow down was could be attributed to the manufacturing side as opposed to catching up on orders and what not.
    ...it's just a matter of increased demand

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast