Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: C Products 20 Round Al Curved body

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

C Products 20 Round Al Curved body

Are these any good. I have located some, however, everything else is sold about except them. Should they be avoided?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    All c products should be avoided.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Thanks

I was curious why nobody was purchasing them. It is like they are inflected with the CLAP or something.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Old C-Products mags had issues.
    They were one of the only manufacturers to make 5.45 mags.
    Like the rest of their mags, they were hit or miss.
    They had decent customer service from my understanding.
    Guys would return jam-o-matics for fresh NIW mags.
    It was a revolving door.

The new C-Products mag are yet to be determined.
    I remember reading on this board that they are owned by ASC.
    You'll find those mags at AIM surplus.
    I'm hesitant because of C-Product's old reputation.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Garbage. If the same retard is in command over there, forget it...

Even if a new tard is in charge, I'd still have a tough time gambling on those jokers!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    CPI's 6.8 mags were the go to mags for many folks. the ones I had actually functioned better than the $40 PRI mags I had.

Overall CPI had been a responsive to the community and made an effort to produce mags in calibers for folks like the 545, x39, 6.8, 6.5 etc. this made a lot of folks happy and the product they put out were generally of decent quality. Some of the odd calibers had their problems but the company spent a lot of money and time fixing the issues.

I dont think it's fair or accurate in the least to decry CPI as "bad gear". that is just not true. they make fine products and are worth the price they were charging.

but what do I know... If you dont say something bad about some companies on the internet, then you must be a fanboy. perception is not always truth.

I did have a couple of their curved 20's and they ran just fine.
    Last edited by Jack-O; 03-05-13 at 08:47.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PNorris View Post
    It is like they are inflected with the CLAP or something.
    ...could be what the "C" in C-Products stands for....

The 6.8 isn't a great example, given that the market isn't exactly awash in support items for that chambering. It's a good mag for that caliber, but their 5.56 offerings are just apalling, a history of popped welds being only the first thing that comes to mind.

That's not the only example of a company that makes one/a couple of things well, and eats it at most everything else they touch.

There's links to vendors selling D&H mags, just to name one good option, for good prices, albiet via backordering in many cases, all over the Where Can I Get It thread. EDIT: ...aaaand I just provided my own lousy example, since those are 30-rounders...but that doesn't alter the thrust of the following....

Given a known-good USGI mag of X price, and a sketch mag of X price that might take a little longer to get to you (but WILL get to you), it ends up being a cost-benefits analysis on the part of the buyer. Does one want it NOW, or does one want it to WORK as it should...?
    Contractor scum, PM Infantry Weapons

Feedback Score
    how can a weld on one mag that works really well differ from a weld on another mag in a different caliber made on the same machines with the same quality control and the same welder?

I have to believe that sooner or later a company would solve quality issues (especially after shutting down a business then reforming it with all new machines and equipment) and move towards a better product. I wonder if internet lore will allow their reputation to move forward with their quality or if they are forever doomed to people repeating the same partially informed stories over and over?

The OP asked for experience with the mags and company and I gave it. Perhaps other will chime in with their first hand experiences with the mag in question as well.
    Last edited by Jack-O; 03-05-13 at 11:37.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    easy, the number in circulation.

The more people have a negative experience, the more likely you will hear about bad feed lips, bad cuts, welds, etc.

I'd argue their 6.8, 5.45, and other oddball mags had the same level of quality control, but were produced in sufficiently low numbers that gripes never became apparent.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Cprod had mag exchanges going on in perpetuity. There was no SINGLE bad, isolated batch. I used to get a kick out of their forum on ARFtard. There were piles of "where are my replacement mags?" threads going on at any given time.

Those Slap heads ****ed it up on a regular basis. LIFE IS TOO SHORT to waste time ****ing with mags to figure out if you lucked out and got a functional shipment.

It makes no sense to gamble on those idiots when known good mags are just as easy to find at the same price.

The icing on the cake for those losers at Cprod, was the dickmouth owners personal attacks on ME for stating the FACT that they had MULTIPLE QC goat screws over the years.
    Last edited by markm; 03-05-13 at 11:38.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast