Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: C Products 20 Round Al Curved body

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quasi thread derail here...

Do curved 20 rounders have any advantage over the straight 20's?
    I've noticed that the new Gen3 20 round PMags are curved.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    When you stack tapered cartridges, they curve. To run them through a straight mag means friction. Curved mags reduce friction, and all other factors being equal, should make the mag work better.

Feedback Score
    I would avoid these mags. You can find Colt/USGI, PMAG, and Lancer 20 round mags if you really search the internet.

There are clearly quality issues with these mags, as evidenced by the posts above. Stick to a proven mag.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    In practice straight mags are fine. I suspect curved 20's was more a tooling issue rather than product improvement.

I forgot about those mag trade ins and the nightmares that ensued. I think those compounded the issue. A lot of bunched panties over Cproducts.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cprod had mag exchanges going on in perpetuity. There was no SINGLE bad, isolated batch. I used to get a kick out of their forum on ARFtard. There were piles of "where are my replacement mags?" threads going on at any given time.

Those Slap heads ****ed it up on a regular basis. LIFE IS TOO SHORT to waste time ****ing with mags to figure out if you lucked out and got a functional shipment.

It makes no sense to gamble on those idiots when known good mags are just as easy to find at the same price.

The icing on the cake for those losers at Cprod, was the dickmouth owners personal attacks on ME for stating the FACT that they had MULTIPLE QC goat screws over the years.

Damn this brought back memories. One of the guys that used to work there was pretty cool about answering questions and trying to help, but that Larry fella was a piece of work. Couldn't take criticism from customers over obvious problems for shit.

Some of the new mags have the same problems as the old ones. The two I own that were included with an upper haven't left the closet in a long while.

Spend your money elsewhere on consistency.

Feedback Score
    A few years ago I bought a half dozen of their 30-rounders, three of them would not drop freely from several different lower receivers.

That was the first and last experience I had with that company.

Feedback Score
    I was looking for the older style GI 20 rounders not the curved for a precision AR build I was doing. I found the CPI mags and after a google search with many "bad" results and complaints against CPI I decided not to buy them. The Magpul 20 rounders don't have a stellar rep either. Now I am looking at Lancer mags, they seem to have the best rep for new manufacture 20 rounders, maybe you should look at those.
    Last edited by mastiffhound; 03-05-13 at 16:26.
    Appeasement is never the answer in the face of naked aggression.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Early on I bought several of the CPI stainless 30-round and straight 20-rd mags. Then a lot of problems started being reported and I quit buying them, except for a few 10-round conversions of 20-rd straights I got for a friend in California. I have not had any issues with either stainless mag, or the returned 10 rds mags (drilled out the limiting tab).

I wonder if their earlier mags were more consistent quality and then when they started selling in greater volume the quality became spotty. Or is the stainless ones were assembled with more attention or better process.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    There were eventually issues with the stainless as well.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Cprod had mag exchanges going on in perpetuity. There was no SINGLE bad, isolated batch. I used to get a kick out of their forum on ARFtard. There were piles of "where are my replacement mags?" threads going on at any given time.

Those Slap heads ****ed it up on a regular basis. LIFE IS TOO SHORT to waste time ****ing with mags to figure out if you lucked out and got a functional shipment.

It makes no sense to gamble on those idiots when known good mags are just as easy to find at the same price.

The icing on the cake for those losers at Cprod, was the dickmouth owners personal attacks on ME for stating the FACT that they had MULTIPLE QC goat screws over the years.
    I love you markm. Not in a homo way, but like, in an over the internet, appreciative way.
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 03-05-13 at 19:55.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast