Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: inforce APL

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    I had my Glock 19 out to the range and shot it for the first time with the APL mounted. I made it 12rds into the magazine and the light flickered and crapped out on me. The momentary function quit working all together, and the light now only comes on in constant mode (though not like normal, you have to press and hold the button down for a few seconds and realease it) but is a diminished output. Disapointing, I am going to get a replacement, hopefully this is an isolated issue. I have the FDE APL from 2VetsArms.
    Last edited by jerrysimons; 03-26-14 at 13:17.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jerrysimons View Post
    I had my Glock 19 out to the range and shot it for the first time with the APL mounted. I made it 12rds into the magazine and the light flickered and crapped out on me. The momentary function quit working all together, and the light now only comes on in constant mode but is a diminished output. Odd.
    Did you try a new battery? Decreased output sounds like a close to dead battery, if it's not working in momentary only then it may be the spring inside the paddle. I know there was a redesign on the APLs there, try feeling for a tactile click and also check to see if the opposite paddle is working. If the opposite paddle works and there is a tactile click and not a tactile click on the side it isn't working, contact Inforce and describe the problem. I actually ran into this issue since my last post and i sent my unit to them and they sent me a brand new virtually identical unit. I definitely can't complain about their customer service.

Feedback Score
    Quick update.

I've since purchased a 2nd APL, and have now tested it next to the original one I purchased.

It's similar to the first, in that it does shift identically to the first one. I don't want to damage the rails on my pistols, so I applied a decent amount of force, and it didn't pop off, and gave up without forcing it as far as I did before. Same amount of force won't pop off the first one, but a bit more and I know it can be twisted off. So no real difference there.

At the range I shot both lights, while applying force. Several magazines through 3 9mm pistols each, and no issues with either light. The 3 pistols are 2 m&p9fs (one purchased in 2011, the other made in 2013), and a CZ P-07. Both lights function normally. Of note though, I ensure I keep fresh batteries inside, and use the shutoff function during transit.

Additionally, I have put both lights on the pic rails on three of my carbines (1 Larue rail, 1 DD rail, and one magpul MOE scout mount). On all three rails, each light is considerably tighter than on the rails on my pistols.

So for now, I am confident that the light will not fall off during shooting. I am still keeping the two small strips of electrical tape on the underside of pic rail on my primary pistol, as before, I feel that it just tightens up the fit and provides just a bit more insurance because of the tighter fit.

So while it works for now, I hope that inforce listens to the complaints, and beefs up the attachment method a bit.

Feedback Score
    In force = COOL!

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    Did you try a new battery? Decreased output sounds like a close to dead battery, if it's not working in momentary only then it may be the spring inside the paddle. I know there was a redesign on the APLs there, try feeling for a tactile click and also check to see if the opposite paddle is working. If the opposite paddle works and there is a tactile click and not a tactile click on the side it isn't working, contact Inforce and describe the problem. I actually ran into this issue since my last post and i sent my unit to them and they sent me a brand new virtually identical unit. I definitely can't complain about their customer service.
    You know, I am a tool. I thought for sure based on how it was behaving that it was a circuit problem, but sure enough, replaced the battery and it functions just fine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    My department received two InForce APL's for T&E. I received one, which I attached to my M&P45. It was worn daily both on-duty and off-duty. After 400 rounds, it was running strong. I run my guns hard so this light was going to see much use. On my next training session, the light disappointed. In the middle of my second mag, the InForce popped off. I thought it was a fluke, reattached and continued my drills. A mag and a half later, it happened again. Once reattached again, I confirmed that the attachment was tight. Again, it popped off during shooting. My Surefire X300 was reattached, and that was the end of my InForce APL experience. Despite others positive experiences, I'm very apprehensive about the APL.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Interesting that I found this thread... Had my APL for a few months now and probably ran through about 500-600 rounds through it training. No problems yet... and I hope I don't run into any.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Although I have not yet shot with the APL on. I recently purchased 2 used ones. I had not seen the video of them falling off, & quite frankly stopped reading this thread after a few good reviews.

I put both on the same gun(s) - I ran the pull & smack tests they tried. One of them came off on both the pull & bump test on all guns. The other stayed put with no issues on all guns.

The one that stayed put has a different cross bar on the light, it is solid all the way across the light. The one that came off has a small notch on the left side of the light right as it connects with the rail. I am not sure if that is normal for those lights or if it was broken. It does not look broken, looks to be factory, pretty clean notch & color is intact, no paint chipping or the like.

Feedback Score
    I bought one a while back as I am a huge weapon light nut. Mine kept flying off my duty G35 on night qualify. It acted the exact same as the old insight Procyon. I have been running a tried and true battle tested Surefire X200b, 300 and 300U without any issues and that's why they're on my duty weapon. I know they will work. I just switched to a G22 and the new X400 grn. Love it so far.

Feedback Score
    Had one and it fell off my MP9, also when the light was on any sharp hit to the side would turn the light off. I emailed with Inforce and went back and forth and they determined that I should not hit the light in that manner because it was impossible in the normal use of the light (maybe it hits a doorway, or bangs into something I'm using for cover) and that my grip is incorrect and any thumb pressure forward on the light is the incorrect way to activate the light and reminded me it activates to the side. No shit, but why should I have to adjust my grip to use this light. Needless to say they refunded me shipping and the retail cost of the light.

Had high hopes for the APL given the quality of the WML. Inforce refuses to admit that there is a design flaw in the light. Went to a TLR3 for AIWB and as with all of streamlights products it's solid, and so is the company backing it.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast