Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: inforce APL

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZINCOGNITO View Post
    Has anyone had problems with the APL staying put?
    I have been using one on my bedside HK45. It goes onto the rail solid, but I don't feel that it is superior to my X300 and X300 Ultra that ride on my duty guns. Additionally, I accidentally dropped my HK45 one morning and it landed on the light. The light came off and the plastic rail slot broke in half. I called INFORCE and they mailed me a new one even though I told them it was my fault. I think it's a great light, but I serously doubt that I would ever run it on my duty handgun or carbine because I'm not sure it is as robust as the Surefires I currently use. It works very well for my bedside gun as that does not see the abuse my duty guns do.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos Cylindros View Post
    I have been using one on my bedside HK45. It goes onto the rail solid, but I don't feel that it is superior to my X300 and X300 Ultra that ride on my duty guns. Additionally, I accidentally dropped my HK45 one morning and it landed on the light. The light came off and the plastic rail slot broke in half. I called INFORCE and they mailed me a new one even though I told them it was my fault. I think it's a great light, but I serously doubt that I would ever run it on my duty handgun or carbine because I'm not sure it is as robust as the Surefires I currently use. It works very well for my bedside gun as that does not see the abuse my duty guns do.
    This is the reason I asked about the APL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcrid7UM2Gw

I'm currently using the HSP WML on one of my AR's but I'm kinda of shocked what those guys found out. I had planned to purchase the APL for my G19 but it doesn't look good.......
    NAVY

Feedback Score
    I use mine every day on my EDC Glock 19 it lets me carry a light I trust much more comfortably than a x300. The press and hold/tap can be addressed just by tapping every time. I tap on light then tap off.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Man that video is an eye opener! I need to get mine back out to the range and see if u can replicate the problems. I've only used it in my 17 but I'll try it on .40-.45 and report back(it's going I be a couple weeks though, with shot show, and another work trip the week after)

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

I'm currently using the HSP WML on one of my AR's but I'm kinda of shocked what those guys found out. I had planned to purchase the APL for my G19 but it doesn't look good.......
    Wow! Thanks for posting that link as I had no idea how flimsy the mounting system really was. I was a bit supprised when it came off my HK45 after a very light drop onto carpet, now I have very little confidence in the light. I'm just glad I have an X300 for my duty gun and an X300 Ultra for my duty carbine.
    "You have never lived until you have almost died. For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know." - Written by an unknown soldier in Vietnam.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

My APL is swapped out between my M&Ps, I shoot with it on at the range. It fits rock solid, has never given me an issue, good battery life, perfect amount of light for indoors or close to medium range. I can't say enough good things about mine. I haven't had any of the issues this guy's had and the locking mechanism IMO is sturdy.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrioticDisorder View Post
    My APL is swapped out between my M&Ps, I shoot with it on at the range. It fits rock solid, has never given me an issue, good battery life, perfect amount of light for indoors or close to medium range. I can't say enough good things about mine. I haven't had any of the issues this guy's had and the locking mechanism IMO is sturdy.
    Well I just tried to remove mine by hand like shown in the video and it came right off with very little force required. The APL is probably fine for nightstand use, but it is not suitable for LE duty use in my opinion.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    my civilian .02 after having the APL for a while. while i've never had the APL pop off my glocks while shooting, i've always felt that the clamp/locking lever design could be improved; and that it's not as secure on the weapon as the X200/300.
    i like the way the paddle switches are set up; i'd rather not have them momentary-on only. i found this out when i was doing one-handed drills at night with it. if it were momentary-on only, you wouldn't be able to have the light on when you use the trigger finger to fire.
    the paddle switches activate accidentally more easily than the X200/300 during transportation/storage. i've discovered the APL turned on in my range bag and depleted the battery once due to accidental activation. now i make sure i disable the light by locking out the bezel when transporting it.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Munch520 came down with his a couple weeks back. I really like the feel and size of the light, but I had said to him jokingly that it just didn't seem like a good choice (I actually had no clue and was jut messing around). But now, this bothers me. I break stuff easily and have a very aggressive grip.

I still might give one a try but hopefully they'll improve the mount.

I have never had problems with Surefire. I just wish they'd release that mini x300 they catalogued a couple years ago for concealed carry (if there's a need for concealed carry).
    Proven combat techniques may not be flashy and may require a bit more physical effort on the part of the shooter. Further, they may not win competition matches, but they will help ensure your survival in a shooting or gunfight on the street. ~ Paul Howe

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Any updates on this? I was all set to get one but I found this thread. I am looking to purchase a new light in the next month or so. And it's between this and the Surefire x300 Ultra. Just wondering which way I should go. And I know there are million threads comparing the two and I would honestly prefer the APL but the mounting issues give me pause.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast