Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: inforce APL

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I finally put together an upper with a low pro gas block, alpha rail, and space for a light at 12 o'clock. Put a DD fixed front sight and didn't realize a TLR-3 is too tall to work. A TLR-1s is better but still a tall light. X300 works but lives on a Glock.

Looks like Inforce might be an option instead of spending another $200 on a Surefire X300.

Goteron, thanks for the pictures! Going to order the WML.

Feedback Score
    I am very interested in this light since the WML is awesome. I got excited when I saw Raven has this as an option when I had one of my holsters replaced. Now I have to wait on a duty holster till I can order one of these.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    For about the last two months, I've been using the WML on my carbine that I use at work as my Patrol Rifle. I've also been using the APL in my issued M&P9. This fits well in the Safariland duty holster that I had been using with the Surefire x300 series.

We are not permitted to use DG switches on Safariland lights. (Don't ask, can't get a straight answer myself) I've really become a fan of the Inforce APL's switches and the ability to activate them one handed. This became apparent during a building search when I needed my left hand to open doors.

I like my APL enough for duty use that I sold off my Surefires.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Gonna resurrect this, I received one yesterday here's some pics. Sorry I didn't have a x300 to compare to.

Comparison
    Insight APL 200 lumen
    Surefire G2X 200 lumen
    Surefire Scout 200 lumen (KX2C LED)

Beam
    From 25'

Ambient

Insight APL

Surefire G2X

Surefire m600

From 5'

Insight APL

Surefire G2X

Surefire m600
    Last edited by munch520; 07-16-13 at 10:19.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

Last edited by munch520; 07-16-13 at 10:25.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I also just got one, it is slightly visible through the bottom of my T-1 in lower 1/3 BUIS co-witness (SOCOM?), in a ADM mount. It does not inhibit the use of the BUIS though.
    Last edited by chokeasphyxia; 07-16-13 at 10:44.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    munch,

Excellent posts and pics. Would like to hear your thoughts on the switch. Pros/Cons?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    No problem man. I really like the switch. If I'm nitpicking, one downside is that this obviously does not have DG switch compatibility like the x300. That said, the APL is very easy to operate with the trigger finger...so not sure if the DG switch would be needed. It is obviously much different than the x300 in its operation, so if you're switching from the x300 to the APL, they'll be some muscle memory to correct.

Beyond that, I find the switch is really easy to use. Much more natural/instinctual to use than any other I've tried. It isn't activated too easily but doesn't have the resistance of the SF rocker switch. The tap on/tap off works as advertised and holding for a second more (literally) gives you the momentary on function. These paddles also offer more surface area than the SF rocker switch...to me that translates into easier/more forgiving operation of the switch on the APL.

At the very least, this will be (as Dano said) a great option for carry as it is crazy slim/lightweight. I have an Armordillo Concealment holster on the way for it, I'll post a pic tomorrow.
    Last edited by munch520; 07-16-13 at 15:56.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Appreciate the info brother. For clarification munch, you quickly flip the switch and release for constant on and press the switch and hold for momentary? That correct? Also how does the switch activate as far as the switch's path. Can it be manipulated either up or down like an X300? Looking forward to seeing that holster. Thanks,

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)

inforce APL

Negative, it toggles on and rebounds to the position you see in pictures. It's a spring loaded paddle essentially, only resting position is as pictured. It does not rest in the 'on' position like a rocker.

You are correct, tap (literally - doesn't take much pressure) on, tap off. And hold for momentary.

To clarify, Dano (and others) have more time on the APL than I do. These are just my 'tabletop' thoughts on it. Looking forward to subjecting it to some recoil soon (tomorrow).
    Last edited by munch520; 07-16-13 at 16:48.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast