Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why the bashing of brands that aren't Noveske, Colt, LMT, BCM, etc??

Feedback Score

Why the bashing of brands that aren't Noveske, Colt, LMT, BCM, etc??

It isn't just here but on many forums. Why do some brands get bashed so much? I have a $700 3 digit s/n Stag that I've had since 2003ish. That rifle ran much better than my $2000 POF P415.

I have found that most people only like XXX brand because someone else with a big name uses one or someone told them that they heard from someone else that quality control is bad.

So my question is... why is there so much bashing of the smaller upcoming brands when each of the bigger companies had to start small themselves.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It's because we're all snobs that are desperately trying to justify our brand name purchases when we know deep down that the "lesser" brands are just as good and we wish we were smart shoppers like you.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 45DAVID1 View Post
    It isn't just here but on many forums...
    A clue. Reputations are earned over time.

Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    It's because we're all snobs that are desperately trying to justify our brand name purchases when we know deep down that the "lesser" brands are just as good and we wish we were smart shoppers like you.
    I was so stupid to get rid of my Doublestar
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 03-05-13 at 09:53.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Littlelebowski View Post
    I wouldn't say I'm a smart shopper. I "had" 3 Noveskes and got rid of them. I should have kept them. The POF I had is gone too. The only 1 I kept was the Stag because that was the most reliable of them all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Another Californian who knows SO MUCH that isn't true. Priceless.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    I wouldn't say I'm a smart shopper. I "had" 3 Noveskes and got rid of them. I should have kept them. The POF I had is gone too. The only 1 I kept was the Stag because that was the most reliable of them all.
    What ammo were you running? How many rounds through them over what time frame?
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Oh, so you're just a fan boy of those instructors that are paid to endorse stuff unlike the rest of us. Congratulations on seeing the Matrix.

Feedback Score
    You're new here so let me warn you, you're about to get destroyed. This is a place for learning, not a place for brand popularity contests. The brands you mentioned have been combat proven. As one moderator here puts it, your carbine is first and foremost a fighting tool anything else is extra. While xxxx brand may do well as a range/hobby rifle, it may not be combat proven.
    The horse is made ready for the day of battle, but victory rests with the Lord. -Proverbs 21:31

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The gun that killed Bin Ladoid was actually a STAG. ..little known STAG FAG Factoid for you boys.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast