Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Talk me out of this rifle...Please

Feedback Score

Talk me out of this rifle...Please

I really want one of these rifles. Please tell me why I should wait.

Will there be an even better version of the Sig? Or should I hold out for the ACR instead? (I plan on buying an ACR anyway.)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Soulrack223 View Post

Will there be an even better version of the Sig? Or should I hold out for the ACR instead? (I plan on buying an ACR anyway.)
    Ok I will give it my best shot.

The ACR is coming out. Also the SCAR which is going to be a hell of a rifle with a barrel that can shoot an amazing amount of rounds before it goes TU. You wont look back with those two nifty new toys.

Feedback Score
    Those 2 are on my radar too. I want to get one of each of the three, but I am afraid the SCAR will be well over $2000. The Sig Barrels are cold hammer forged like the Swiss military barrels that have shot 15,000-30,000 rounds consistently! According to Sigforums they're also nitride lined (like Sig pistol slides) instead of chrome lined and will have a significantly longer life than mil-spec M4 barrels...

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    According to Sigforums ... will have a significantly longer life than mil-spec M4 barrels...
    I call BS on this claim, and I own a Sig 556. My sig is accurate and I expect barrel life to be good. However, there is no reason to make such inflated and unsupported claims. I simply do not believe that claim without proof.

If you want all three, then go ahead and buy the Sig since it is available now. I also plan on buying the ACR when it comes out.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I hear that they cause ED and gender-role reversal.
    Oh, and they are black, and black is the new pink when it comes to rifles. FDE or nothin'.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Short answer....if you were me, your local shop would have one of these on the shelf marked at $1800.00. There is no "f"in way that I'm spending $1800.00 on it. The sights still suck and the stock is plastic (I'm not talking abou the CTR...but the tube), the folder and stock feel and look really cheap, and it doesn't lock closed.

All things being equal, I would wait at least until the ACR comes out before making a decision.

Feedback Score
    If you wait until the ACR is out....maybe the price will come down?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I handled one the other day at a local shop. The sights are pure garbage, and they lead me to beleive that if they took such complete shortcuts with something as critical as the iron sights, then what else on this rifle are as poorly thought out and executed? It felt akwardly heavy and unbalanced. The plastic folding stock assembly felt more like something off of a cheap airsoft gun, not a $1500+ fighting rifle.

In my opinion, your $1500-$2000 would be much better spent on a piston LWRC piston rifle, and/or the ACR when it comes out.

Feedback Score
    The round count on the barrels was taken from Sig Forums and sounds quite legit in their context and is about twice the round count of an M4 barrel. It is in no way a claim that I am making though. I think I am going to wait on a version of the ACR to come out with a 16" barrel, side folding stock and FDE or Foliage/Ranger Green instead. I have read on both sig forums and the Sig556 boards that the plastic folding mechanism and the BUIS are junk, and maybe Sig will "fix" the 556 into a servicable rifle out of the box by the end of the year.

Feedback Score
    Flat out, the SIG 556 is substandard in every respect.

Heavy
    Sights suck
    Freaky dovetail front sight which works with nothing
    Mag release cant be worked easily with index finger
    Stock hinge blows
    Spotty build quality
    Outdated when compared to SCAR, ACR, XCR
    Top rail is crap in how its attached.
    Charging handle location prevents mounting optics without mauling your fingers while working the charging handle

Just pass....
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast