Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Floridians - Please read...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    But this bill goes directly to that issue. I simply find it somewhat disturbing that the "right" are willing to use such liberal tactics when it serves their purposes.

The "right" to self defense does not trump the "right" to control your private property. Similarly, the right to control your private property does not restrict the right to self defense. If someone wants to exercise their right to self defense they simply respect the rights of the private property owner and go somewhere else.

I will not support a bill that is aimed at protecting the poor downtrodden proletariat from the evil doings of "big business", simply because I am supposed to have more sympathy for the "poor working man" than I do "the man". The current system allows for both the rights of the citizen and the rights of the property owner. The proposed bill violates the rights of the property owner in favor of the alleged "rights" of the citizen. It is morally, politically, and ethically corrupt.

To sum up, if you don't like your company's policies, either violate them, keep your mouth shut, and accept the consequences if caught, or find another job.

Thanks for not making this thread a debate about private property rights...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by clarkz71 View Post
    Again, I agree with you. I however would never sign such a document.
    So then, what do we need this bill for?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by czydj View Post
    Thanks for not making this thread a debate about private property rights...
    Isn't that exactly what this bill is about? The smoke and mirrors of an ineffectual NRA trying to push through "feel good" legislation aside, of course.

Lets look strictly at the economics. This law/amendment will not stand up without legislative challenge, and will eventually be found to be the unconstitutional trash that it is. So what did we gain? We gave the NRA something to wave around to the membership and tout as "look what we tried to do for you", and we made a few hundred lawyers richer.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    So then, what do we need this bill for?
    Well I for one never go anywhere without my weapon in my car. I'm not
    going to leave it home because a business I plan on going to has a ban
    on firearms. So I will not disclose any information about anything inside
    my private conveyance to any business owner. If they don't accept that
    I wont do business with them.

Feedback Score
    From my observation, it complements the "Castle Doctrine" which already allows you to have a holstered weapon without a carry permit in your vehicle, and allows you to store a weapon in your locked vehicle while at work and negates the business owner from denying you your right to have one in or to search your vehicle. He can also fire you too, being this is a "Right to Work" state!
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12