Thread: Bought a used 870P...

Feedback Score

Bought a used 870P...

I bought a used 14" 870P police issued shotgun and am waiting for my stamp. I got a really good deal on it as with the shotty & stamp I'm still less than what a new 870P costs. Externally it is in good condition with only minor scrapes. Doing a function check I noticed the slide wasn't as smooth as my brand new 18" 870P. What are some things I should look at and what are some things you would do to refurbish it? Any recommendations welcomed, Thanks!!!!!!

Feedback Score
    Strip it and check for loose or detached shell latches.

I bought one a few years ago and both shell latches fell out when I removed the trigger plate assembly.

It's an easy fix, they just need to be re-staked in the receiver and the staking tool is inexpensive.

Feedback Score

Bought a used 870P...

Quote Originally Posted by m16 View Post
    Strip it and check for loose or detached shell latches.

I bought one a few years ago and both shell latches fell out when I removed the trigger plate assembly.

It's an easy fix, they just need to be re-staked in the receiver and the staking tool is inexpensive.
    Thanks m16, I'll look into that when I tear it down. I'm hoping it just needs a good cleaning but am also expecting to have to replace a couple things if needed.