Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Who makes the "Colt" of crossbows?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    So I want to the local sporting goods store to handle a couple. First thing I noticed is I can't stand the grips. Maybe I'm used to holding an AR style weapon but why do all the crossbows have thumb whole stocks?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
    So I want to the local sporting goods store to handle a couple. First thing I noticed is I can't stand the grips. Maybe I'm used to holding an AR style weapon but why do all the crossbows have thumb whole stocks?
    Because they're tacticool. You either love 'em or hate 'em, but you should be able to find a lot without the thumb hole.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by crossgun View Post
    If you want the real honest answer I do! I have been designing and building hunting crossbows daily for more than 25 years.

Take a look at my newest offering here:

Please feel free to contact us with any questions as we are more than happy to help. For me its not about the sale but helping you get what you want and that will fit your need.

I would say CAMX is more like Colt, DD, LMT, Larue and Noveske all wrapped in one with an Aimpoint on top. YUP its that good!

What's been listed is nothing more than Bushmaster and Rock River in AR terms.
    I didn't realize Delton made crossbows!....a "shameless" plug for your own product..... classy!

All kidding aside (I am sure they are fine bows), it is probably not the best idea to slam other products while promoting your own.

To the OP,

I would have no problem owning any of the major companies that have been mentioned: Excalibur, Ten-Point, Horton. MY advice is to go to your local archery store and shoot a bunch of different desings and see what you like.

I have a Horton Fury (360 fps, reverse limb design). I love the reverse limb design for working in and around a climbing tree stand... not to mention they are more balanced as more of the weight is farther back.
    "When governments fear the people, there is liberty. When the people fear the government, there is tyranny. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson.

Marlton, Evesham Township, New Jersey USA
    Feedback Score
    Here's one more vote for Scorpyd. After getting some time on a Vent 150, I'm saving my pennies for one from their line as well. I'm leaning a little harder toward the Velocity line, but the Ventilator was very nice. Along with being innovative, it was the nicest shooting crossbow I've ever fired.
    "It's better to live one day as a lion, than one hundred years as a sheep", Old Roman Proverb.
    "For those who have fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know", Author Unknown.
    "Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war!", Shakespeare, Julius Ceaser, Act III, Scene I.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by specopsscout View Post
    Here's one more vote for Scorpyd. After getting some time on a Vent 150, I'm saving my pennies for one from their line as well. I'm leaning a little harder toward the Velocity line, but the Ventilator was very nice. Along with being innovative, it was the nicest shooting crossbow I've ever fired.
    Only bugaboo with the scorpyd a is the collapsible stock. I realize its function, I wish there was a way to lock it in.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Any reason you're set on a crossbow? Just curious.

I looked at crossbows, but have decided to go with a compound. You can get good useable bows (that will do anything i need them to do) for way less than a decent crossbow. Just something to think about.

Good luck in your search.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 03-26-13 at 21:12.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Hoyt Carbon Element RKT.

Never mind, I read real bow not cross bow.
    Last edited by ryan; 03-26-13 at 21:20. Reason: Silly me.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by J-Dub View Post
    Any reason you're set on a crossbow? Just curious.

I looked at crossbows, but have decided to go with a compound. You can get good useable bows (that will do anything i need them to do) for way less than a decent crossbow. Just something to think about.

Good luck in your search.
    I have a compound bow (Matthews), I used to shoot a lot of 3d archery and won my age brackets a couple of years in a row.

Indiana changed the hunting laws a few years ago to allow all hunters to use a crossbow. In general cross bows are easier to set up (from my research) as there is no need to paper tune like you do compounds.

My Matthews cost as much or more than the cross bows I'm looking at and that was the bare bow (add 150 for rest and a other couple hundred for sights etc...).

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally embrace any legal weapon that gets me out into the field hunting a little more. I hunt with rifles, pistols, compound bows, crossbows, muzzleloaders, slug guns, etc, etc. Ready for each and every season.
    Hang up and drive.

Luke 22:35-38

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    TenPoint...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast