Thread: Custon Noveske N4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Custon Noveske N4

I'd thought I'd post a quick pic of my new Noveske N4. This gun has been sort of a test bed for me. I'm fortunate enough to shoot with several very experienced shooters that have helped to convince me to try a diffferent set up.

I've added the 12.5 inch DD FSB rail and removed my VFG. I've been running the gun with the stock out and my support hand all the way out on the rail. So far I really like this set up. I'm wondering why I didn't go this route sooner. I also think having the light mounted at 12 o clock is the ideal set up. Right now I have a TLR-1 mounted while I wait for me X300 to get here. With this set up I do not need to move my support hands. I shoot with a thumbs forward grip - to activate the light I just move my thumb up a half inch.

I'm also running my EOtech again. I used Aimpoints in the military and have become comfortable with them, but again I'm willing to listen to those who are way mor HSLD than me. I do find I'm faster shooting suport side with it.

Bulldog1967 Guest
    Nice.

Are you having any problems co-witnessing your irons without a riser for the Eotech?

Feedback Score
    With your light mounted to the top of the rail are you using a pressure pad?

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tac71 View Post
    With your light mounted to the top of the rail are you using a pressure pad?

You do not have to use a pressure switch. You can just bump the button with your thumb.

C4

Feedback Score
    Wouldn't mounting the Eotech in LaRue riser help to get better view through the optic? Especially with the light mounted in 12 o'clock position.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I was on the fence when I bought a new gun last week. The N4 with a DD 12.0 FSP was my second choice, but I happened upon a LWRC gun and tried it out instead.

I like your style!

If you go with a riser, get the standard 5/8" picatinny riser, not the Eotech mount from Larue. If you're not mounting a 14 or 3x it's a little more forgiving on the positioning but gives the same amount of lift.

http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetac...tail.bok?no=28

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Thanks for the advice on the riser guys. The Eotech was previously mounted on my SBR without a riser, and I had good luck with it, but I think I'll give the riser a try.

I love this set up. It just feels so natural to just raise your thumb to activate the light. I never liked tape switches, and all the other light set ups always caused me to readjust my support hand grip, even if just for a second or two. From here on, I don't see myself using any other set up. All my carbines will have the X300 mounted this way.