Thread: Henry in .357/.38?

Feedback Score

Henry in .357/.38?

Does anyone own one of these. I keep looking at them, but can't "pull the trigger". If not the Henry what else? Primarily used as a plinking rifle, but may use for cowboy shoots if they are allowed.

Feedback Score
    I have Marlin 1894s in 357 and 44 and love them both.

Well made and accurate guns that look good and will last a lifetime. Taken a few deer and pigs with the 44 Marlin.

Don't know about the centerfire Henrys but Dad has a Golden Boy in 17HMR and it is accurate and a fun shooter.

I too have been taking my 357 Marlin out a lot lately. Cannot find 22LR ammo anywhere but found tons of 38Spl so the Marlin comes out to play more than the 22s!

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'll second the suggestion of the Marlin 1894 in .357. Fun to shoot, and you can find factory .38spl still in stores.
    Two broken Tigers, on fire in the night,
    Flicker their souls to the wind...
    -Roads to Moscow

Not Forgotten:
    http://www.virtualwall.org/dk/KillenJD01a.htm
    http://www.virtualwall.org/db/BoddenTR01a.htm

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The Henry rifles I have fired, seen & handled are TOP NOTCH lever guns, period.
    PLUS...the company owner is a straight up patriot, and his ads during the last election were AWESOME. I love the looks of Henry rifles more than any.
    MY one and only gripe about Henry rifles, is the tubular loading, like the old Marlin 60 .22 rifle. For a .22 lever, thats ok.
    But for centerfire cartridges...I hate it. I wish they had side loading reciever ports like Winchesters.
    Outside of that.....they are simply excellent rifles, period.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.