Thread: Magpul Advanced Carbine/Pistol Class AAR

Feedback Score

Magpul Advanced Carbine/Pistol Class AAR

Magpul hosted an invite only advanced carbine/pistol class this past weekend up @ AAC's Red Hill Range. I am going to cosolidate my notes and thoughts and revisit some of the pictures to get my thoughts going for the AAR.

If you haven't met Chris Costa yet, he is the Director of Training for Magpul Industries. Very well known in the industry and he can kind of shoot well also..

I must admit, the 6 hour drive on top of the night shoot sunday night, I did not go to sleep before work this morning, so please be patient as I get the AAR up in the next couple of days...

Here is a drill Costa and I ran together, a team movement from vehicle to vehicle. The weapon I have in my hand is actually my truck gun, 12inch Colt upper with a OPS 15th. My primary shit the bed just before this scene of pictures, on the same exact course of fire. I guess 1700 rounds in 48 hours can cause enough carbon in the lower to lock it up....? But anyways, the back up gun did great...

This drill really emphazized the importance of communications. It wasn't a drill that was 100% strict on how you used cover or concealment behind the vehicles, but to always have fire superiority on your bad guy while moving as a team.

I cannot say enough about Chris himself as an instructor. It is hard to find a person as dedicated and motivated to the profession of teaching this art of fighting with firearms....

Magpul is currently hosting open classes in beginning carbine, pistol and advanced pistol/carbine in the South East region of the US in the upcoming months...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not sure, but I think somebody may have shot your truck.....

Feedback Score
    Hey! I wanta play!
    TRAVIS HALEY
    Founder | CEO
    Haley Strategic Partners, LLC.
    http://haleystrategic.com/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SIMPLYDYNAMIC View Post
    Hey! I wanta play!
    You aint the only one.
    Protego quod vallo.
    Si vis pacem para bellum.

Feedback Score
    This was a fun time for sure. Chris is a great instructor. Saturday's weather sucked and we had to call the day early, but Sunday was awesome.

Cool pictures. I'm working on an AAR as well and will post some of it here.

Take care and hope to see you again soon.

Mark