Thread: Steel cased 22LR?

Feedback Score

Steel cased 22LR?

So what company is making this? I've been finding steel case 22LR in the brass I've been picking up -can't see any maker marking on it! OK I looked again it has a "V" stamp!
    Last edited by GunnutAF; 03-14-13 at 23:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I just looked this up because i have never heard of it. It iw supposed to be from Russia, it comes in a light green box marked junior. It has a "v" headstamp.

I could not find any other info. You might have better luck. While looking i found out that a couple companies at one time or another have tried steel. Remington was the only one i could find that was specifically named.

I find this interesting so Im going to keep looking. If i find anything else ill update this post.

Edit: this is actually training ammo used to teach first time shooters and hunters. The headstamp is actually a cyrillic U. Everything i have read says that it is only worth keeping as a collectible. Everyone has said it is covered in lube and that it barely functions. Other than that there is not much info.
    Last edited by jstone; 03-15-13 at 00:49.

Feedback Score
    Thanks! It was just a surprise to see steel cased 22LR? I could see where it would be a PITA to shoot it, damage guns(firing pins)! Probably fine in revolvers.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    There has been a lot of Russian .22lr on the market lately. It's marked as "Junior" on the packaging and has a green target on the box.

I believe it's only been around lately because those who were sitting on it are enticed by the going rate of .22lr ammunition from the retarded panic buyers.
    Last edited by Snake Plissken; 03-15-13 at 15:55.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That stuff looks worse then i expected.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Re: Steel cased 22LR?

That stuff is good ammo as long as your gun will function on it. Some say its comparable to some of the match grade stuff. A lot was imported during the 80's....came in two flavors Red and Green. I had a bunch of the green but have since shot up all but one box. My CZ Kadet eats it like candy while everything else chokes due to cases sticking on the chamber including my CZ bolt rifle.

Would love to get some more, lemme know if you got a lead on a source.

"If you're gonna be dumb you gotta be tough"
    Last edited by wahoo95; 03-15-13 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    Snake Plissken
    Yep that would be them! Never seen any on the selves around here.