Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Most accurate 5.56 round

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Get rid of the NC Star garbage and shoot 5 or 10 round groups. You have to eliminate the silly factor first.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Mike55 View Post
    I've had my brother shoot a group and my friend shoot a group. My brother is an expert shot. We all three shot similar groups. I have an eotech 517 and I've used it since I've had the gun and would most of the time put two holes touching and then the gun threw the 3rd bullet a few inches left, but I have noticed better groups with it. Then I've got a swift 4-12-50 scope with a nc star quick detatch scope mount but with that at 50 yards it shot 2 shots 1 inch apart and would throw the third one 3-4 inches right. It did the same pattern with all the ammo. All the shooting was using a gun vice. All three of us are very experienced shooters.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    What kind of barrel is it? And what profile. My wild guess is you have an over bored barrel. Its too big, like its almost shooting a shotgun.

I had a similar experience with a bolt gun.

Cheap skinny barrel?

55grain hornandy varmint is very accurate, try it.
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-14-13 at 23:46.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Well I'll try some shots with the federal ammo with a new scope mount and see the grouping in the morning but along the lines of ammo. I think I'll try some of my brothers custom loads. He shot 4 shots all into one hole with a Thompson center encore .223 28" barrel. The load was 25 gr. benchmark powder, 55 gr. nosler ballistic tip. C.o.l. 2.76. If anyone wants too try it out.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    A COL of 2.76" with a 55 gr. ballistic tip bullet?

Who would even want to try that with an AR15?

You need to buy some Gold Medal Match and see how that groups, or even better, have someone else who can shoot try out the rifle in question.

There really is a lack of information about your setup, as it relates to both the rifle and shooting posistion.

There can be a lot of fatigue introduced when shooting 10 round groups, especially if you are paced by your particular range due to when they call cease fires.

I would suggest firing 5 round groups, and averaging 4 together.

Feedback Score
    The barrel is a factor sig barrel mil spec m4 profile barrel, 1in7 twist. I'm going to ditch the nc star mount and try again. And yes you will probably have to change the length load I mentioned it's not a very big deal. I'm gonna try to neck them down to factory length or to fit a pmag.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I dont think the barrel is the problem1/7 is fine. But that nc star stuff is. Prob. be better off with the iron sights.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Changing the length of the cartridge is a huge deal. The Hornady manual lists the 55 gr. VMAX with a COL of 2.250" and having a MAX charge of 24.5 gr of Benchmark.

You are over that by .21" and .5 gr of powder.

You don't "neck them down to factory length".

I don't want to be a dick, but you don't seem to have a commanding knowledge here. I really suggest you get some decent factory ammunition and have someone else shoot the rifle w/o the NC star stuff.

Don't use a gun vise. You'd be better off shooting off of a soft surface. Try a backpack on the front loaded with soft goods, and a sock filled with sand/dirt/fine gravel etc as a rear rest.
    Last edited by bp7178; 03-15-13 at 00:47.

Feedback Score
    He necked the bullets out to his Lange and tried a federal 5.56, it just hit the Lange of his gun. I'm not sure what the length of the federals is. I'm still trying to find the best loads to put through it but ill be sure to get out my sand bags and backpack for tomorrow. I'll get a good grouping out of it somehow.

Feedback Score
    I'm sorry for calling it necking, it's just force of habit.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I don't know what to make of this thread.
    Your reloads are way outta wack if not down right dangerous.
    The Chinese scope mount isn't even fit for airsoft.
    You claim .25" groups at 50yrds with a red dot. (With a .224" projectile no less.)

Like I said, I don't know what to make of this.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast