Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elbow Pain.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)

Angry Elbow Pain.

I have noticed that lately I develop right elbow pain when I shoot approx 150-200 rounds through my XD .45 Compact. I want to know if anyone has ever had this problem and if so how do I correct the problem.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Elbow Pain

Problem: Elbow PAIN when SHOOTING.

Solution: PM me for my address so you can send me ALL your FIREARMS so you will NEVER have ANY PAIN again.

Sorry, never heard of any thing like this. Is it any thing like Tennis Elbow?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Other than unknown medical issues, are you locking your elbows to the point of stressing them? There should be a slight(slight) bend in them.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NightFighter View Post
    I have noticed that lately I develop right elbow pain when I shoot approx 150-200 rounds through my XD .45 Compact. I want to know if anyone has ever had this problem and if so how do I correct the problem.
    My long-limbed wife has similar issues with her right elbow, NightFighter. The first symptom often is a FTE, if you know what I mean. Glock 26.

She wears a soft brace and takes Aleve, but it only helps so much.
    KintlaLake
    KintlaLake Blog

"Blasphemy is an epithet bestowed by superstition upon common sense." (Robert Green Ingersoll)

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mark5pt56 View Post
    Other than unknown medical issues, are you locking your elbows to the point of stressing them? There should be a slight(slight) bend in them.
    If I mantain a slight bend in my right elbow wont I lose my ability to control the recoil of my handgun? I am trying to get my handgun to recoil straight up and down.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    It's likely 'tennis elbow', I developed in last fall after a major 3gun match in Harvard, MA. The remedy for me is to stretch my wrists well before shooting and many times during the day. Also shooting a lighter gun has made a HUGE difference. That way I don't have to muscle the gun as much. I only have it in my left elbow (I'm right handed). I also occasionally use one of the gyro hand excercisers you can get at REI. This is why I stopped shooting my heavy Limited gun as much and shoot more Production w/Glocks or M&Ps. I also and using a different form/stance and it's helped me a lot. I use a version that D.R. Middlebrooks teaches called 'reverse Weaver' with a 'roll over wrist lock' which takes some of the stress off the support hand elbow and helps you control the gun with less effort.
    Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    It's likely 'tennis elbow', I developed in last fall after a major 3gun match in Harvard, MA. The remedy for me is to stretch my wrists well before shooting and many times during the day. Also shooting a lighter gun has made a HUGE difference. That way I don't have to muscle the gun as much. I only have it in my left elbow (I'm right handed). I also occasionally use one of the gyro hand excercisers you can get at REI. This is why I stopped shooting my heavy Limited gun as much and shoot more Production w/Glocks or M&Ps. I also and using a different form/stance and it's helped me a lot. I use a version that D.R. Middlebrooks teaches called 'reverse Weaver' with a 'roll over wrist lock' which takes some of the stress off the support hand elbow and helps you control the gun with less effort.
    What caliber gun did you start with and what caliber did you change to that helped your elbow? I have gotten a Gripmaster and started using that in an effort to strengthen my arm. Are M&Ps lighter than XDs? Where can I learn this different technique that D.R. Middlebrook teachs without having to so to his school. I am leaving NOVA for a while and would like to get an idea of his shooting technique before I leave.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What caliber gun did you start with and what caliber did you change to that helped your elbow? I have gotten a Gripmaster and started using that in an effort to strengthen my arm. Are M&Ps lighter than XDs? Where can I learn this different technique that D.R. Middlebrook teachs without having to so to his school. I am leaving NOVA for a while and would like to get an idea of his shooting technique before I leave.
    My STI is a .40 and my Glock and M&P Production guns are 9mm (My STI is twice as heavier or heavier than the Glock or M&P). The Glocks, M&Ps and XDs (4") are all very close in weight. The XDs will have the most muzzle flip using the same round (higher bore axis and heavier slide). I bought D.R.s book call Fist Fire from his website, it's $20 something and worth it. If you stop by the shop I'll show you how my stance is now. It takes some getting used to as it doesn't feel natural at first. I once in a while find myself going back to modified Isosceles, so I've been doing a lot of 'dry practice' slowly drawing and doing the 'reverse Weaver' stance to ingrain it into habit.

Feedback Score
    1 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gotm4 View Post
    My STI is a .40 and my Glock and M&P Production guns are 9mm (My STI is twice as heavier or heavier than the Glock or M&P). The Glocks, M&Ps and XDs (4") are all very close in weight. The XDs will have the most muzzle flip using the same round (higher bore axis and heavier slide). I bought D.R.s book call Fist Fire from his website, it's $20 something and worth it. If you stop by the shop I'll show you how my stance is now. It takes some getting used to as it doesn't feel natural at first. I once in a while find myself going back to modified Isosceles, so I've been doing a lot of 'dry practice' slowly drawing and doing the 'reverse Weaver' stance to ingrain it into habit.
    What days and times do you work? Does the book have pictures showing the stance, draw and firing techniques? Has this new technique help you in your competition shooting? Is this new technique really worth me spending my time to learn?

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    What days and times do you work? Does the book have pictures showing the stance, draw and firing techniques? Has this new technique help you in your competition shooting? Is this new technique really worth me spending my time to learn?
    Next week I'm there Mon, Wed, Thurs & Fri. Yes the book shows pics of the stances, grip etc. I immediately noticed better times and accuracy and control using the new techniques. If you want to be a better shooter it's certainly worth it, especially if you want to shoot with little or no pain.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast