Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My first AR and first build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron_B View Post
    WTF, why would you post this in a thread about someone else's build?
    thanks for trying Aaron, maybe you could direct me to the, "help me identify this" thread...
    "And I say unto you my friends, Be not afraid of them that kill the body, and after that have no more that they can do." -Christ Jesus, Luke 12

Feedback Score
    Great looking weapon. I have been eyeballing the Magpul MOE hand guard for mine. Looks great! Enjoy!

EW

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Nice boom stick.
    Where abouts in WI are you?
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Aerburns, that is a very nice build, indeed. You've gotten some good advice from the other posters. I would only add that, insofar as possible, play around with a few other weapons to decide what works for you before accessorizing. Again, well done.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by leeradio13 View Post
    thanks for trying Aaron, maybe you could direct me to the, "help me identify this" thread...
    That would be under "Start Your Own Thread".

Not the "Hijack Someone Elses Thread With Entirely Unrelated Shit".
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aerburns View Post
    Thanks, 5POINT56.

I plan to do that, if for no other reason than I don't have the cash immediately available for the red dot. But even if I did I would use the irons a good bit first.

After I get the red dot I will turn it off at some point, and do a couple groups with the irons every time I take it out, just to stay in practice.
    I have an AR that looks a lot like that, with the exception of a CTR stock. It's even done up in Magpul OD green. I really have grown to like the simplicity of it. I have several AR's, and most reflect my love of all things gear related. There's a lot to be said for a gun like the one you built. Great for a beginer. No extranious do-dads out of the gate. Just the essentials...and high quality parts.

You avoided some of the typical FNG mistakes with that gun....which says a lot about where your priorities lie, and they're in the right places as far as I can see. Just be sure to fix that Troy BUIS!
    Last edited by 5POINT56; 03-25-13 at 15:14.
    AMERICAN INFIDEL

Feedback Score
    Part of the goal here was just to get a quality rifle together. Making little tweaks here and there can come later. Although the Aimpoint is something I definitely will want to get. Some of the longer modular hand guard tubes also look tempting (ala Troy Alpha 13"), but I like the classic front sight post. I'll just see how it goes when I do get to shoot this thing. Now where am I going to find some ammo...

I also have been thinking about getting a .308 bolt action rifle, for whitetails and maybe an occasional wild pig hunt down south. But then, of course, I find myself tempted to build an upper with hunting in mind, since hunting with an AR just sounds like it ought to be done. I probably ought to learn to load my own ammo before even thinking about a 6.8 SPC, or 300 BLK, or some such rarity. Too bad the 7.62x39 doesn't play well with this platform, or I might have a great option for cheap practice in a 150 yard deer/hog upper.
    Last edited by aerburns; 03-25-13 at 21:38.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12