Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Muzzel breaks/Comps

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have a Holland on a 6 lb .308 bolt gun, it recoils less than a .223. My 10 yo son loves it!
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    I do have a somewhat better trigger. I bought a new Colt lower to go with my MT6601 20" HBAR upper. I dont know the lowers model # but here is what the invoice reads:

LE W/ INTERNALS... COLT L/E ONLY RECEIVER W/ INTERNALS
    "COLT'S LAW ENFORCEMENT CARBINE"
    1 499.00 499.00T
    SA06005 HAMMER, LOW MASS (0.170) 1 52.50 52.50T
    64224 HAMMER SPRING, LIGHT (SPK94774) BLUE 1 8.00 8.00T

I will not be doing any rapid firing, I will take my time in between shots. I will be mostly at a bench, rarely standing. I will be shooting 50-200 yards. I will only be using the A2 sights. Noise will not be an issue where I shoot. I still firmly believe that the less my rifle moves after/while pulling the trigger, the better results I will see.

I have seached for some and hoping you guys can help me choose or recommend another one. All based on the above info. Thanks!!

1. Rainer Arms.. DNTC Comp - Aggressive
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=666

2. Rainer Arms.. PRI MSTN QC Brake .223
    http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...product_id=663

3. Holland QD brake
    http://www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/sto...CHARGE%20BRAKE

4. FSC556 by PWS
    I can't even find this one (from top of this thread)

5. Flatland Forge F2 Comp
    Can't find this one either, but hear good things.

6. CMMG Miculek Brake
    http://cmmginc.secure-mall.com/shop/...php?prod_id=43
    "Who ever says money doesn't buy happiness, doesnt have any... Look at the F*ckin SMILE on my face.. Ear to Ear Baby!!!!!"

-Ben Affleck
    Boiler Room

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    http://primaryweapons.com/store/pc/v...y=&idproduct=9 is the PW FSC556.

With the low amount of recoil already present in .223 and the amount of reduction you'd get from any of them, it would almost be splitting hairs. The PRI and PWS brakes are pretty unobtrusive and work great.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    FWIW, I have the same rifle you do pretty much (Sabre Defence A2) and I went with the PWS FSC556 unit. After all my research, it was what I deemed superior as it has less flash than an A2 hider, yet effectively controls muzzle-rise very well and recoil decently from what I have seen/heard. When my rifle arrives early next week/late this week, I will post up a review of my own.

Feedback Score
    M4, Have you shot that comp at night or reverse roll over prone?
    Im curious if you have a flame thrower there.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Not really. The MSTN has a couple more little holes on it, but I couldn't feel a difference in recoil reduction.

I have fired them at night with 75gr TAP, EBR sunbsonic, 262 and green tip and have not been hindered by the flash, even under NVGs. I can't speak for other types of ammo.

In rollover prone in Iraq it kicked up some dust, but so did my KAC hider. I have never used ROP other than training, but from practicing at the range it would be dirty but do-able.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dano5326 View Post
    Holy smokes Batman...

I pulled a MSTN/PRI muzzle comp out of my armorers bag today. It's been in there for over a year, I just never tried it out.

Mounted on a M4A1 with a NF 2.5-10x, WOW, no muzzle rise, auto into dime size holes @ 10m. Very noticable difference as compared to a stock m4a1 with a2 muzzle device. Awesome for shooting while moving.

A bit louder, esp if on side of shooter. I'd never have one on a dedicated CQB gun, but this comp sure has some applications.
    So what WOULD you put on say a 10.5-11.5 upper?
    "So have your buddy get a box of stray cats and try to get a good sight picture while he is throwing the cats at you... naked." - KLD

Get yours news at Presscheck.org!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I've finally got out to shoot my mid-length build that I've rebuilt, for the second time, to be somewhat of a 3-gun type. Swapped out the M4 stock for an A2 rifle one, JP VTAC, low powered scope, and added the Stag comp just to see if I would like a brake as it is only $8. Watching through the 1.5-4.5 scope there was very little muzzle rise (could see my hits through the scope with those orange peel targets) and recoil was reduced substantially. My rifle is pretty heavy for its size but I was still surprised at how little recoil there was. I eventually would like to get a Flatland Forge or PRI/MTSN type brake, but the stag comp works much better than I expected so I think I may keep it. The only thing I don't like about it is whatever finish they use is very thin. It is also very loud. A few friends showed up to shoot a few new guns they had purchased, but without ear plugs. At first I refused to let them shoot my rifle. After getting tired of their whining I caved. One shot later, they refused to shoot it again. I bet they won't forget ear plugs again though.

I am not sure how much reduced recoil can be attributed to the rifle type buffer system, stag comp, or just the weight of the rifle but I am happy with the way it turned out. Definitely need a Larue SPR-E scope mount though.f.

Feedback Score
    which comp is quietest?

Feedback Score
    I took a class in AZ recently where I shot my 16in carb w/a SF556 comp/mb on it.
    Using old PMC 223 55grFMJ, I would get a huge flash sometimes and most often not, maybe flash noticeable to me one in 10 rds fired. However to other shooters on line, flash was more frequent and "overpressure" was pronounced. When I switched to some fed xm193, no flash and no complaints from others.
    Friend videoed me on line, and you can see the flame often. WX was bright, cool not overcast. ...So why does the flash not occur uniformly with same lot of ammo?
    Thanks.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast