Thread: My first AR and questions

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

My first AR and questions

I am going to be building 2 AR's for me and my wife. The first question I have is a good LPK to use.

I have seen DPMS, RRA, LMT, CMT, Stag etc.

We both plan to shoot just for the fun but I do plan on also going into 200 yd. Offhand competition and such. I want these to be reliable and well made, but at a reasonable cost.

All information is appreciated.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    LMT and CMT are (I believe) the two best you listed. The first two are not really recommended when the others are available.

Colt is the BEST LPK because there are a lot of details that go into some of the smaller parts (I've heard and others WILL confirm very shortly.)

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Where can i look for LMT LPKs? I found the colt ones, but at this time almost $300 is more than I can afford for a LPK.

Feedback Score
    Talk to Grant at G&R Tactical. He is a top shelf dealer who is a sponsor on this board. He built a complete LMT carbine for me that I am very happy with.

He can build you a rifle or provide just about any part that you my need to build your own. G&R was very helpful and can answer any question that you might have. Ammo, optics, mounts they have it all.

I can't say enough good things about G&R Tactical and can recommend them without any reservation. Buy with confidence.

Tim
    Now remember, things look bad and it looks like you're not gonna make it, then you gotta get mean. I mean plumb, mad-dog mean. 'Cause if you lose your head and you give up then you neither live nor win. That's just the way it is.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Well, since he is a sponsor of the board will just order the LPK from him.