Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Help with Glock 27 Failures to Feed

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Need Help with Glock 27 Failures to Feed

I need your guys help before i send my G27 back to Glock. I clean my Glock after every range session. I just went out behind the house and fired 40 rds. w/o issue however when i went to shoot another mag thru it i had a failure to feed after the 3rd rd. I only load the 9 rd mags to 8 so i could shoot 3 rds fine but the 4th would not feed. I tired several mags with same result. I had this issue a month or so ago and changed recoil springs and it went a little over 100 rds fine. I have no idea what it could be. The gun is clean, not overlubbed. o i have no idea what it could be. I have tried several mags still with same issue although some malfunction more than others. I switched the recoil spring even tried different ammo but still having same issue.
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    The only FTF I've ever had on my G23 or G27 were ammo related by not pushing the slide back far enough. I suppose That said it is well known that most feed problems are magazine related. If the ammo is the same and you try another mag without problem then you've found your culprit. But then again you probably know that.

I do have one non Glock pistol that will just not feed S&B. Seems the metal of the bullet jacket and the barrel ramp have a high friction relationship.
    Last edited by Fidalgoman; 03-18-13 at 18:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for replying. I have tried different mags and different ammo and still having same issue. I have changed recoil spring and it still FT Feed.
    Everything is stock Glock on it.
    OIF 2003-2004

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    limp wrist syndrome.. ?

hold it tight.. it needs a firm grip to cycle properly. a limp wrist hold will cause that issue.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have shot Glocks for years , I carry one everyday for my job. I had a 27 a couple years back that never had this issue. Also my brother n law shot it who is a State tropper and he had same issues.
    OIF 2003-2004

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vec View Post
    limp wrist syndrome.. ?

hold it tight.. it needs a firm grip to cycle properly. a limp wrist hold will cause that issue.
    This is what first came to my mind. Ive seen this come up more often with the smaller Glocks.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by whick1 View Post
    Thanks for replying. I have tried different mags and different ammo and still having same issue. I have changed recoil spring and it still FT Feed.
    Everything is stock Glock on it.
    Well bro' it sounds like you hit all the high spots. I guess the only thing left is to call Glock.

You didn't say what gen it was, not that it makes too much difference with this problem. You might stuff your G23 barrel into it (I know people who carry like this) to see if it's a feed ramp problem. Unless you can borrow another G27 barrel. That's definitely a head scratcher. Let us know how it goes.

Feedback Score
    If you have tried different mags and ammo and still have the same problem, it's either you or the gun. If your BIL tried it (and assuming he too knows who to hold and shoot a Glock) and had the same problems, sounds like its the gun.

Send it off to Glock.

Feedback Score

Need Help with Glock 27 Failures to Feed

Have some friends shoot it. It very well could be the way it's being held. It's just one of those things. Nothing to be ashamed of, it just might not be the gun for you. But I would see if a couple friends have the same issue before shelling out money to send it to Glock. Good luck!
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    I've been having this problem with my G23. It's going away little by little as I put more rounds through it. I put in a 3rd Gen spring and it acted right, but I only put 50 rounds through it. It's got 600 rounds total.

I'm thinking it's just one of those guns that needs a lot of spring break in, but it is not yet conclusive. It's expensive to keep breaking it in but short of sending it back and getting the old "no problems found", what else can a body do.
    Last edited by WhiskyNiner; 03-19-13 at 09:09.
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast