Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Need Help with Glock 27 Failures to Feed

Feedback Score
    Inspect the RSA and make sure the end coil didn't jump over the preceding coil. I've seen it happen a few times with compact Glocks, especially when new.

Also what bullet wheight are you using 165gr or 180gr? FMJ or JHP or mix and match?
    If you can't win a gun fight against a lightly-trained individual during broad daylight with 88 rounds of 30-06, I'm not sure you'd be able to do it with... any other firearm.
    -Fjallhrafn
    Ok, I've got an El Camino full of rampage here, so what's the plan?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    What magazines are you using? Most of the issues I've seen carrying .40 Glocks of all models over the last 7 years is spring related. You already put in a new recoil spring, so the other option is magazine springs. I've seen weak mag springs cause the failure to feed issue you're experiencing. Try some Wolff extra power springs, or you can even try a G23 mag spring in the 27 mag. You just lose a round of capacity.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    What are the alphas in your ser#?
    What loads are you using? Looking for weight and velocity.
    Mag springs are not an issue, they are already oversprung. The springs in your mag should be 9-coil. Do NOT use an XP spring in these, it's serious overkill.
    What is it doing...exactly...when it fails to feed? Where is the cartridge in relation to all other parts? Where is the expended case?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for all the replies. Just went out and shot 50 rds trouble free. I guess I was the issue as you guys stated. I am left handed but switched to righty a few months back because I am cross eye dominant. I shoot my full size Glocks and 1911s better right handed but I guess my thumb as hitting the slide lock lever or I was limp wristing because it functioned fine left handed. Thanks again.
    OIF 2003-2004
    Deputy Sheriff/Private Investigator

Feedback Score
    I have seen some issues also with small Glocks when using full sized mags. Some people tend to grip the mag and cause it to tilt enough to cause FTF problems.

It doesn't sound like this is your case, but something to be aware of. When I first transitioned to a Glock I found that my normal grip bumped up the slide stop during recoil. Not every time but often enough. That would be my guess.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Early slide locking open is not a fails to feed.

Just sayin.

"Limp wristing" is the most over used bunch of crap ever thought up when it comes to what causes a Glock to choke. Maybe, maybe in the 9mms, with low end ammo. The issue with the Glock .40s is that they were never designed to fire that round, it was just kind of shoehorned into it.
    Last edited by tpd223; 03-21-13 at 09:00.

Feedback Score
    You may have already solved this but I wasn't getting ANY good help other than "limp wristing" on my GLock 27 of 6.5 years and NOTHING had changed ... except for things wearing out from weekly use @ range.

Changed EVERYTHING, even my grip, so sparse the advice on web sites, the blank looks @ gun store, the insistence that limp wristing was always at fault (but never prior).

As each part was replaced - like in an old car with mystery ailments and no old guy wisdom to help - I finally came to the part at fault.

EXTRACTOR.
    Last edited by Bo S; 03-26-17 at 05:36. Reason: spelling

Feedback Score
    Cross eye dominance in pistol shooting is no big deal and should not be a reason to switch hands. People make a huge deal about and with rifle shooting there may be an issue there to a degree, but with pistols it should not be a problem.
    People having a grip effecting the slide stop is very common, and whenever someone seems to be having a function problem related to this I always suggest shooting a few mags left handed ( which is a good practice anyway) to see if it eliminates the problem

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Necro post of the day right here, 4 years huh?
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    I had the same problem with a new Glock 22. It shot fine for the first 100 rnds or something like that. It started to have FTF issues out of nowhere. I tried different ammo, every mag I have, then completely disassembled it and soaked it in Ballistol for an hour. It never had a FTF after that deep clean. I was told many times that Glocks hate the small amount of carbon that builds up in the tiniest little crevices that you would never get to with a nylon brush. I would try this before you send it off and get some kind of service charge for doing something you can do on your bench at home!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12