Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: is this the place to ask about air rifles?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ready.Fire.Aim View Post
    Good for you, Cyclone is a very nice machine!

I picked up a custom Ben Taylor Cyclone at Airguns of Arizona many moons ago.
    Nice, that's the regulated one, right?

It and a DayState Mk3 I got used from AOA resulted in becoming hooked on Field Target shooting. Just reading these posts will result in digging the field targets out of the closet this weekend.

RFA
    I tried shooting FT but with my bad back it didn't work out very well for me. Still managed to place 3rd my first time out with my Cyclone on the lowest setting. I think it has to be under 16FPE or something like that? My AO wasn't marked for fine resolution so I had to guess at the distances, LOL. I was surprised how well I did considering.
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, GOA member

Feedback Score
    This is a typical shot string from my unregulated Cyclone.

Last edited by bigbang; 03-20-13 at 22:54.
    NRA Life Member, NAHC Life Member, GOA member

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CMP sells rebuilt Daisy Avanti .177 caliber pellet rifles for a reasonable price. I bought one last year to practice my offhand shooting and it is an accurate rig at 10 meters.
    Last edited by T2C; 03-21-13 at 00:12.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Ummm...the 900 dollar air rifle sort of defeats the purpose.

The 200-300 dollar air rifle that shoots ammo I can actually find and requires no special pump or accessories IS the purpose.

Not that the 900 dollar rifle is not cool....oh it is....but I will buy a 900 dollar air rifle about the time I blow 50 grand on a pickup! LOL

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I feel the same way. I would never pay $900 for an air rifle. I paid $114.95 for a rebuilt Daisy air rifle shipped to my door from CMP.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Well....I know that the 900 dollar air rifle is probably really great.

I also have no doubt the 3000 dollar Wilson 1911 is also fantastic and a total joy to own.

However, my 900 dollar Colt 1911 is not a POS and will get me by, while I use the rest of my money for bills, mortgage and feeding my kid! LOL

I know that the less expensive air guns are probably not worth owning but I am hoping there is a "my Colt 1911" type of mid range compromise....hanging out in the 250-300 dollar range.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    Things are so bad lately with the .22 ammo shortage that I am thinking of bringing my Daisy Colt Commander style CO2 pistol (which I bought as a gag) to the range, but I fear being mocked!
    Last edited by CornCod; 03-23-13 at 11:30. Reason: missing word

Feedback Score
    I'm thinking the same thing. The lack of .22lr has caused me to purchase 7500 .177 pellets the other day just because they were in stock. I am thinking about a rws 34 compact.

Feedback Score
    I have had a Gamo (NRA Special model) for several years and it is quite accurate to 30 yds which is the farthest I need to shoot in my backyard but a bit the trigger is a 'bit' heavy and it is NOISY. The supplied scope has been surprisingly good. Meisterkugeln and Crossman premium pellets have both given good accuracy and effective terminal results. Recently got the opportunity to shoot one of the new Gamos with their version of the AccuTrigger and it was a significant improvement over my gun. The suppressor reduced the noise quite a bit, too. Am seriously considering purchasing one of these new models.

Feedback Score
    I picked up a Gamo Bone Collector Bull Whisper .177 a few weeks ago. It has the adjustable trigger and the IGT action rather than the spring. The 4x32 scope is nothing special, but it works. It is fun to shoot and is good for 1" groups at 25 yards. It is far from quiet with the PBA Platinum pellets that come with it, but is much quieter with subsonic lead. Seems like a decent buy for $200. And at $10 for 750 pellets, it is cheap to plink with too.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast