Quote Originally Posted by Smitty79 View Post
It is meant for engagements from 25 to 150 yds. If I zero at 50 yds, instead of the 100 I tried, I am confident in hitting man sized targets out to 150, even without my glasses using iron sights. Though who knows how well I will shoot when someone is shooting back. Never had to to that. My time in the military was torpedoes and ballistic missiles. It is also meant to go to the range and poke holes in targets. I don't really intend to shoot it beyond 200 yds. As I learn to shoot it well, I may try some matches at the club. They have a practical rifle match.
Just my two cents on the 50 yard zero. I like it very much for an urban environment and it is very easy and fast to use for the 200 yard distance you mentioned.

I have an Aimpoint R1 and it didn't take long to be hitting man-sized, torso targets consistently from 25-300 yards out. You'll be amazed at how fast you can acquire and fire accurately with an AR and a good red dot sight.

You really don't have to do any crazy calculations with that zero and shooting out to 300 yards. Just move your point of aim up slightly as it gets further out past 100 yards and you'll be getting center of mass hits. Some practice on moving targets and you're on your way to being a tactical terror!

Best of luck and welcome to M4C.