Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: american made ak

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

american made ak

how come there are no american manufactures of aks?

i would think that somewhere along the line, even if the price was crazy, someone would want to buy a wholey american made ak.

922 doesn't apply if it is made in america right?

are there patents that the united states would respect? or is it just purely economically unviable?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I would imagine you might have many issues.
    1st being that your not going to bring it in anywhere near the price point of an imported AK.
    If you were going to build AK's you might want to start with tweeking a bit of the bad stuff and then some of the good stuff to make it better and before long it isn't an AK anymore.
    At what point are you going to equal the quality of the AK and then at what point are you going to do it better and then when would it finally give you a return on your investment?
    The myriad of logistical and legal issues aside, there are somethings just better left alone...
    It is what it is, either like it or leave it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The current spike in prices and the uncertainties of import availability due to current and potential future roadblocks make the possibility of a high-quality US made AK more likely now than ever. I'm not trying to discount previous efforts, but they were not well accepted.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    Kansas and Montana might be places where "made in america" state only - built and owned - could happen soon.

Feedback Score
    correct me if im wrong but arsenal inc makes full US made AK's. I'm not referring to the bulgarian SLR or Russian SGL series. These are the milled receiver models like the SA variants such as the M-7 classic http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SA_M-7_CLASSIC.html I agree with you though, I would like to see more AK's manufactures especially if we could get more cool variants like AKSU's or even other Russian style rifles like SVD's.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Diezel View Post
    correct me if im wrong but arsenal inc makes full US made AK's. I'm not referring to the bulgarian SLR or Russian SGL series. These are the milled receiver models like the SA variants such as the M-7 classic http://www.arsenalinc.com/usa/SA_M-7_CLASSIC.html I agree with you though, I would like to see more AK's manufactures especially if we could get more cool variants like AKSU's or even other Russian style rifles like SVD's.
    Those rifles still use Bulgarian carriers, bolts, fsb, rsb, and I believe muzzle device. But there are a lot of parts being made in the US now, including quality gas blocks. I just wish Daniel Defense would start making hammer forged barrels. US made carriers and bolts would be nice too, but quality affordable barrels are a major stumbling block. I think we'll see an all American AK within the next five years as long as no major legislation derails the industry.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    Uhhh... I have an American made am? Even says made in USA on the side of the receiver

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

american made ak

Yes...IO and Century have made aks in the US. As stated previously, neither of these has been well received. If its not one of those two, then it's likely just the receiver and 922r parts.
    Duane Liptak, Jr.
    Executive Vice President
    Magpul Industries

info@magpulcore.com

This is a personal account linked to a personal e-mail. Company affiliation and titles are provided purely for transparency requirements of the host site. Although factual company information may be shared through this account, any opinions expressed are solely those of the account holder, and not necessarily those of Magpul Industries or subsidiaries.

Feedback Score
    This is as close as I've gotten to an American AK so far -
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    Keep in mind that most of the equipment used to make AK's was paid for long ago by the communists, so they have very little capital equipment overhead. If you were have the money to invest in the equipment necessary, you could instead spend a similar amount of money to manufacture a newer design rifle that would sell for more.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast