Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i need cheap ammo if such a thing exists

Feedback Score

i need cheap ammo if such a thing exists

From reading a previous post sounds like many people are against the lacquer coated wolf ammo. What about the polymer coated ammo, or a cheap brass alternative. I just bought a DPMS carbine A2 and have no experience with 5.45 ammo so please share experiences good or bad

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jc75754 View Post
    From reading a previous post sounds like many people are against the lacquer coated wolf ammo. What about the polymer coated ammo, or a cheap brass alternative. I just bought a DPMS carbine A2 and have no experience with 5.45 ammo so please share experiences good or bad

There is no such thing as cheao ammo these days. What were you looking at paying for 1000 rounds?

Feedback Score

cheap ammo

hopefully around $200 for 1000 rounds which pretty much leaves wolf polymer coated rounds but i would be willing to pay up to $300 for 1000 brass rounds

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I did not know they made an upper in that caliber. I thought S&W just introduced one and other than that, you are limited to one-offs.

Feedback Score
    my mistake i meant 5.56x45 please excuse that error

Feedback Score
    blank

Feedback Score
    Man good luck with that! But...wolf is still cheap at www.sportsmansguide.com for around $214-260ish and i think wiedners still has privi for325bif you buy more than 2k. check G&RTactical for the privi too.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    blank

Feedback Score

thanks for the help

one last question i think. silver bear is listed at 234 for 1000 and it has a "unique nickel plated steel case" do you know if this nickel plated case can cause any problems similar to the lacquer coated ammo? i also read on another blog that Silver Bear is a step up from wolf and it is a bit cleaner. Any insight will help, thanks.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jc75754 View Post
    one last question i think. silver bear is listed at 234 for 1000 and it has a "unique nickel plated steel case" do you know if this nickel plated case can cause any problems similar to the lacquer coated ammo? i also read on another blog that Silver Bear is a step up from wolf and it is a bit cleaner. Any insight will help, thanks.
    A guy at work here just picked up 500 rounds of it the 62gr hollow point stuff. We shall see here soon if it's OK or not. From a quick visual inspection the cases were dull steel, however it was more like TAP practice rather than wolf. The primers were sealed with red lacquer like PRVI, however the necks were not lacquered. I wanted to pull a round to look at the powder but my co-worker wasn't too keen on it. I am curious to see the results of his next range outing.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast